Minneapolis has one of the most thriving corporate climates in the country.
Underpinned by 20 diverse Fortune 500 companies including Target Corporation, 3M, Best Buy and General Mills, among others, Minneapolis tends to weather volatile economic conditions better than other cities.
Why is Minneapolis such a great place to do business?
- We love to innovate and take chances. Post-It Notes, Cheerios, Target, Best Buy and medical technology pioneer Medtronic all started here.
- Minneapolis is a marketing communications mecca with 100 public relations firms, 200 advertising agencies and 250 direct marketing firms
- The University of Minnesota is one of the largest universities in the country and is responsible for countless ground-breaking inventions including the heart-lung machine, pacemaker, flight recorder and many more
Notable Minnesota Businesses
17 Fortune 500 companies are headquartered here:
- 14: UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
- 36: Target Corporation
- 69: CHS, Inc.
- 72: Best Buy Company, Inc.
- 98: 3M Company
- 138: U.S. Bancorp
- 164: Supervalu, Inc.
- 171: General Mills, Inc.
- 203: Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
- 213: Ecolab, Inc.
- 225: C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
- 247: Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- 255: Xcel Energy, Inc.
- 310: Hormel Foods Corporation
- 320: The Mosaic Company
- 333: Thrivent Financial for Lutherans,
- 466: St. Jude Medical, Inc.
As well as these fast-growing national entities:
- Aveda Corporation
- Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc.
- Caribou Coffee
- Carlson Companies (Radisson Hotels)
- International Dairy Queen
- Polaris- Rollerblade
- Securian Financial Group