Playing in Minneapolis means you’re always in the middle of the action.
Venues (and all the fun) located right in the heart of the city.
With three professional sport venues and the Minneapolis Convention Center within 1.3 miles in downtown Minneapolis, athletes and fans won’t need to look for things to do with hundreds of uniquely Minneapolis restaurants, bars and breweries to keep the fan experience going before and after the game.
World-class professional sporting venues.
- In 2017, Target Center (home to the Minnesota Lynx and Minnesota Timberwolves) underwent a $145M renovation
- In 2016, U.S. Bank Stadium (home of the Minnesota Vikings) opened
- In 2010, Target Field (home of the Minnesota Twins) opened
We know Mega Events!
- 2014 MLB All-Star Game
- 2016 Ryder Cup
- 2017 USA Volleyball Girls’ Junior National Championships
- 2018 Super Bowl LII
- 2017-2019 ESPN X Games
- 2018 WNBA All-Star Game
- 2018 NCAA Women’s Volleyball Championship
- 2019 NCAA Men’s Final Four
- 2022 NHL Winter Classic
- 2022 NCAA Women's Final Four
Major professional teams? We’ve got six!
Major collegiate feel – how about them Gophers!
The University of Minnesota is located right in the heart of Minneapolis and has six cutting edge athletics facilities - impressing fans and athletes all year long.
- Huntington Bank Stadium
- Williams Arena
- 3M Arena at Mariucci
- Ridder Arena
- Jean K. Freeman Aquatic Center
- Baseline Tennis Center
Award winning amateur sports complexes
We have the Minneapolis Convention Center in downtown Minneapolis, and the world’s largest amateur sports and meeting facility just outside the city — the National Sports Center in Blaine.
A community that delivers and welcomes!
- Our passion for sports unites us all — in fact we’re the #1 city in the nation for volunteering.
- For the 2018 Super Bowl LII, over 30,000 people signed up to fill 10,000 volunteer shifts.
- Minneapolis is an engaged community that takes great pride in welcoming visitors!
Perfectly located in the middle of everywhere
- No more than a 3-hour flight away from nearly anywhere in the country
- Over 160 direct flights (including 27 international)
- MSP serves 19 airlines
9,000 hotel rooms downtown
The best rooms you’ll barely stay in. Hip and historic. All suites. Family friendly. World class restaurants. Cool cocktail bars. Right in the middle of the action. Right by everywhere you’ll want to be.
Light Rail connects every major sports venue – and downtown from the airport.
- Light-rail transit (LRT) connects downtown Minneapolis with the airport in 30 minutes
- $2.50 rush hour fee
- Trains runs about every 10 minutes
72 degrees all year long
Yep, it’s true, thanks to our skyway system — a 9.5 mile enclosed system of second level walkways connecting 80 city blocks downtown.
There’s a reason Prince chose to stay here – our music, arts and food scene rocks
- Live music venues set the stage for beloved local performers and all the big acts
- Year-round festivals make it nearly impossible to stay home
- Our theaters, museums, murals and public art scene will impress even the most discerning fans
- Plan on arriving hungry and thirsty — our hundreds of uniquely Minneapolis restaurants, bars, breweries and distilleries are ready to impress