Minneapolis LGBTQ+ Community
Minneapolis has a proud tradition of inclusion throughout the entire city. We go beyond simply celebrating Pride, we support and include people from all backgrounds, all lifestyles, all year round. Shop in our welcoming neighborhoods, dine in our gay-friendly restaurants, and have some fun while supporting and learning more about our LGBTQ+ community.
LGBTQ+ Resources & Support
- Outfront MN: the state's largest LGBTQ civil rights group, helping win same-sex marriage, make schools safer for LGBTQ youth, advance trans rights, elect pro-equity candidates, and run a 24/7 crisis line.
- The Aliveness Project: a community center for and driven by people living with HIV, offers free testing and nutrition & wellness services.
- Red Door Clinic: the largest HIV and STD clinic in Minnesota and a landmark for health care services in Hennepin County education and testing throughout the Twin Cities, on request. We offer support groups for people living with HIV.
- Youth & AIDS Project (YAP): a non-profit organization housed in the University of Minnesota's Department of Pediatrics—offers HIV testing, HIV/AIDS medical case management, HIV prevention services, and sexual health education programs for young people living in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area.
- MN Trans Health Coalition: committed to improving health care access and the quality of health care received by trans and gender non-conforming people through education, resources, and advocacy