A Message to Our Customers
Meet Minneapolis continues to monitor the evolving situation surrounding COVID-19 (also commonly known as the “Coronavirus”). Like businesses and destinations throughout the United States, this virus has caused disruptions to our city and state.
As an industry connector, Meet Minneapolis is committed to ongoing communications with our clients, hotels and partner businesses about meeting and event cancellations, so everyone can make informed decisions and adjust their businesses accordingly.
First and foremost, we continue to encourage people to follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as state and local authorities to slow the spread of the virus. Currently, in Minneapolis and throughout the state of Minnesota, measures taken include:
- Minneapolis has temporarily stopped issuing permits for gatherings of 50 or more people, citing guidance from the CDC. Since March 16, the federal government and the CDC began recommending individuals avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
- Events at the Minneapolis Convention Center will be restricted through May 10, 2020. All events until May 10 will have the option of moving to a future 2020 date or cancelling.
- Dine-in restaurants, cafés, coffee shops, bars, theaters, museums, cinemas, health clubs and other gathering places are closed.
- Restaurant operations will be limited to delivery, takeout and drive-through orders.
- The restrictions on dine-in options excludes restaurants and food courts inside the secured zones of airports.
All aforementioned actions are temporary and are in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Minneapolis and throughout our state.
Below are resources for you and your constituents that include relevant information and updates regarding Minneapolis, while also providing a national context on this important issue.
- The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) is leading the state and city preparedness and information dissemination
- The CDC features the latest global updates, health and travel information, and guidance for large gatherings
- MSP Airport takes steps to minimize risk from COVID-19
- Mall of America statement on COVID-19
- PCMA provides COVID-19 news and resources for the business events industry
- The U.S. Travel Association offers healthy travel practices and guidance for travelers
- The Sports ETA has put together a resource guide for sports events and tourism professionals
Thank you for your partnership, and we will continue to be a resource for you as we face this global issue together.