Media Advisory: NCAA Women’s Final Four Volunteer Orientation
Minneapolis (March 9, 2022) – Join the Minnesota Local Organizing Committee and the University of Minnesota on “Selection Sunday” as excitement continues to build for this year’s NCAA Women’s Final Four. From 1-3 p.m., March Madness volunteers will take part in an afternoon orientation session at Williams Arena.
Volunteers will learn more about the roles they will play in helping tens of thousands of fans enjoy the games, take part in free events and easily get around the city.
WHAT: Volunteer orientation for this year’s NCAA Women’s Final Four in Minneapolis
WHEN: “Selection Sunday” (March 13, 2022) from 1-3 p.m.
WHERE: Williams Arena, University of Minnesota. Enter through the main doors (Oak Street)
SPEAKERS: Scheduled to take part:
- Julie Manning – Deputy Athletics Director/SWA, University of Minnesota and Board Co-Chair, Minnesota Local Organizing Committee
- Lindsay Whalen – Gophers Women's Basketball Coach and Honorary Co-Chair of the Minnesota Local Organizing Committee
- Wendy Blackshaw – Co-Director, Minnesota Local Organizing Committee and President and CEO, Minnesota Sports and Events
- Debbie Estes – Co-Director, Minnesota Local Organizing Committee
- Kathy Gullickson – Volunteer Director, Minnesota Local Organizing Committee
- Hundreds of enthusiastic volunteers
- First look at the volunteer attire/swag
- Goldy Gopher and the NCAA Women’s Final Four Trophy
Media and cameras welcome and encouraged. Available interview opportunities with organizers and volunteers. Parking lots and street parking are available nearby; see campus parking information for more details. Wearing a well-fitted mask indoors is required on the University of Minnesota campus, regardless of your vaccination status.
A limited number of volunteer opportunities are still available. Go here to learn more.
Kathy McCarthy, email@example.com, 612-508-9720
Kevin Kurtt, firstname.lastname@example.org, 952-288-9319
Michelle Traversie, email@example.com, 612-396-8712