Prepare for the Ryder Cup with the Lake Minnetonka Block Party
Lake Minnetonka Block Party
We welcome Ryder Cup visitors and fans to downtown Excelsior and Lake Minnetonka, to enjoy all our community has to offer at a good old fashioned Block Party sponsored by local businesses and sponsors. There will be food, drinks, live music, and activities! Proceeds will benefit the ExcelsiorLake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce. Free and open to the public!
GOAL: To bring Ryder Cup visitors and fans to downtown Excelsior and Lake Minnetonka, to enjoy all our community has to offer at a good old fashioned Block Party sponsored by local businesses.
Proceeds will benefit the ExcelsiorLake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce.
- Watch Tournament play all day on the Jumbotron, from the Grey Goose
- 19th Hole Lounge, or the Mich Ultra Bar
- MN PGA Mini Golf, Virtual golf with Pros
- Yoga 4 Golf – Saturday, 12 – 1 on the stage
- Bags to Beat ALS – Friday, 3 – 6; Saturday, 12 – 6 – Get a team together!
- Lumpy’s Lounge – a 4000 sq ft. tented Beer/Wine/Spirit garden
- Grillables available at the Kowalski’s Markets Food tent from 2 – 7 PM
- Chamber Restaurants selling favorite local dishes in the showcase tent 5 9 PM both nights
- Excelsior businesses featuring local specials for Ryder Cup fans
- Local bands from 7 – 10 PM both nights – FREE and open to the public
Official Block Party Schedule
Friday, September 30: 12:00 PM 10:00 PM
Saturday, October 1: 12:00 PM 10:00 PM 2016
Friday, Sept. 30th
6:30 -7:15pm Trailer Trash
7:30 -8:30pm Maiden Dixie
8:45 -10:00pm Chris Hawkey
Saturday, Oct. 1st
6:45 -8:15pm Martin Zellar & The Hardways
8:30 -10:00pm G.B. Leighton
Offsite Parking Locations
Free Shuttle System from First Student will be offering rides between downtown Excelsior and the lots below throughout the timeframe of 5 – 10 PM
Parking in Excelsior will be very limited on Friday and Saturday. It is highly suggested that you park offsite and utilize the shuttle system, which will run on Friday and Saturday. Bike parking will also be available on site. It is highly advised to take a taxi service or get dropped off.
- Westwood Church – Parking available from 5 – 10 PM Friday and Saturday
3121 Westwood Dr, Excelsior, MN 55331
- St. John’s Catholic Church Excelsior – Parking available from 5 – 10 PM Friday and 7 – 10 PM on Saturday
680 Mill St, Excelsior, MN 55331
- South Lake Professional Building
23505 Smithtown Road, Excelsior, MN 55331
(additional lot behind building, accessible from Wood Duck Circle)
- Mount Calvary Lutheran Church – Parking available from 5 – 10 PM Friday and 7 – 10 PM on Saturday
301 County Rd 19, Excelsior, MN 55331
Bags to Beat ALS
It’s time to get together and play some bean bags! Local volunteers from the ALS Association, MN/ND/SD Chapter will be hosting a “Bags to Beat ALS” bean bag tournament during the Ryder Cup Block Party in Excelsior, with proceeds going to support The ALS Association in the fight against Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Tournament Details – Friday, Sep 30: Open Bags midday with a tournament in the afternoon; Saturday, Oct 1: 2 tournaments midday and late afternoon right here on Water Street, downtown Excelsior.
In addition to prizes for tournament winners, raffle tickets will be available for sale and chance to win a 2016 Ice Castle RV Edition Fish House and a Polaris Ranger 570 LE 4wheeler. So come out and have some fun for a great cause!
Thanks in advance for your support, and let’s toss some “Bags to Beat ALS!”