THE BEACH IS BACK AND BIGGER THAN EVER AT THE MINNESOTA ZOO’S ANNUAL TROPICAL BEACH PARTY EVENT
FEBRUARY 18 – MARCH 12, 2017
Apple Valley, MINN – February 15, 2017 – Looking for a family winter getaway? Find a warm weather retreat at the Minnesota Zoo’s Tropical Beach Party! The celebration begins Presidents’ Day weekend and extends through March 12. New this year, the Tropical Beach Party includes two giant sandboxes, so don’t forget to “bring your own pail” (BYOP) or favorite sand toy for maximum beach fun!
Indulge in humid tropical warmth along the Zoo’s Tropics Trail and Discovery Bay aquarium with Minnesota’s largest indoor sandboxes. Enjoy special animal encounters, shark feedings, daily Hawaiian monk seal demonstrations and Wings Financial World of Birds Shows, and more.
Additional Tropical Beach Party Weekend Activities:
- Face Painting 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Family Craft Activity 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Animal Enrichment 1:30 p.m. (Sundays only)
- Animal Close Encounter 11:00 a.m.
Fast Fun Facts:
- Tropical Beach Party is home to Minnesota’s largest indoor sandboxes, using a total of 34 tons of sand to fill both sandboxes.
- The Minnesota Zoo is home to 5,300+ animals, representing 541 species from around the world.
- Minnesota Zoo staff and volunteers are working hard to educate guests on the importance buying products with sustainable palm oil. Learn more at mnzoo.org.
The Minnesota Zoo is a year-round destination located in Apple Valley, just minutes south of Mall of America. The Zoo’s mission is to connect people, animals and the natural world to save wildlife. For more information, call 952.431.9500 or visit mnzoo.org. The Minnesota Zoo is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) and an institutional member of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA).