SAINT PAUL, Minn. - The National Hockey League's (NHL) Minnesota Wild announced today it will host a "Flood The Rink" event to kick off the 2019-20 season on Saturday, Sept. 14 at TRIA Rink at Treasure Island Center from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The Minnesota Wild unveiled a new tradition, This Is Our Ice, two summers ago, inviting fans to help build the ice sheet at Xcel Energy Center by contributing water from sources meaningful to them. The tradition will continue for the 2019-20 season, as water contributed by fans will be added to the Xcel Energy Center ice. In addition to encouraging a fresh contribution from fans who have contributed the past two seasons, the Wild is focused on adding more fans and promoting contributions of the water that makes up fans' "home ice", from backyard rinks to frozen neighborhood ponds to community arenas.
Activities taking place at the Flood The Rink Event on Saturday, Sept. 14 at TRIA Rink include:
- Water Collection - fans are invited to bring their water to TRIA Rink in portable containers - a maximum of three ounces of water. Fan-provided water will be filtered and used the following day to help make ice at Xcel Energy Center.
- Open Practice - the Wild will host an open practice for fans at 9 a.m. and a scrimmage at 1 p.m. There will be no on ice activity from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Just For Kids - there will be various opportunities to enjoy free, kid-friendly activities such as face painting, photo opportunities and an appearance by Nordy.
- The Hockey Lodge - the official retailer of the Minnesota Wild will be onsite with a variety of merchandise available for purchase.
- Tickets On Sale - single-game tickets for the 2019-20 season will go on sale on Saturday, Sept. 14, at 9 a.m. at the Xcel Energy Center Box Office and at 10 a.m. on wild.com and ticketmaster.com.
Wild fans can participate in the This Is Our Ice tradition throughout the season by collecting their meaningful water and bringing it to any home game. All fans that contribute will receive an "Our Ice" sign to post at their rink and be entered to win tickets on the Bremer Bank suite level to the Wild game against the Buffalo Sabres on March 28. For more information about the This Is Our Ice tradition, visit wild.com/ourice.
Moving water from lakes in Minnesota requires a special permit, which the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has granted for this activity. The DNR encourages people to use containers with tight lids and reminds everyone to be safe anytime you are on or around the water.
Minnesota Wild single-game tickets for the 2019-20 season will go on sale on Saturday, Sept. 14, at 9 a.m. at the Xcel Energy Center Box Office and at 10 a.m. on wild.com and Ticketmaster.com. For information about Season Tickets, including 11-game, half season and full season plans, please visit tickets.wild.com or contact a Wild Ticket Sales Representative by calling or texting 651-222-WILD.
-- WILD --