Minneapolis (Jan. 25, 2018) – With the Super Bowl festivities about to begin, Meet Minneapolis is ready to welcome visitors to the Bold North at Minneapolis Visitor Information on Nicollet, near the entrance to Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon. Visitor center and store hours will be extended during the 10-day period leading up to Super Bowl Sunday, open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. during the week, and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Celebrating Minnesota makers, retailer Love From Minneapolis will feature local artists and creators throughout the week before the Big Game. Additionally, Sports Minneapolis “Ultimate Sports Ticket” raffle tickets will be for sale in the store.
When: Friday, Jan. 26 through Sunday, Feb. 4, 2018
Where: 505 Nicollet Mall, Suite 100, directly across from the METRO Nicollet station
What: Featured artists and creators from Minnesota at Love From Minneapolis:
|Mall of America
Street Crew handing out "fan fouls" for customers to pick up
MOA mystery gift cards and swag in store.
|4 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
|Jan. 27||Artist Showcase: Stonyhill & Companies
Recycled inner tube jewelry, handbags and accessories.
Artist: Tammy Rice (www.stonyhill.webs.com)
|11 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|Jan. 28||Designer Showcase: Skyline Specs
Polarized wood sunglasses with engraved Minneapolis skyline.
Designer: Scott Ballard (www.skylinespecs.com)
|10 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
|Jan. 29||Partner Showcase: CenterPoint Energy
8-1-1/Call Before You Dig campaign with trapper hat giveaways
|3 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Jan. 30||Artist Showcase: LB Originals
Handcrafted glass jewelry.
Artist: Linda Banning (www.lboriginalsstainedglass.co...)
|11 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Jan. 31||Artist Showcase: Dog Fish Media
Screen prints showcasing Minneapolis attractions.
Artist: Brian Geihl (www.dogfishmedia.com)
|11 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
|Feb. 1||Crew 52 Appreciation Day - 10% off all merchandise for Crew 52 volunteers |
Designer Showcase: KISA Boutique
Local designer featuring unique European styles of women's
clothing, jewelry and Turkish towels.
Designer: Emily Kisa (www.kisaboutique.com)
|10% Off - All Day|
4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
|Feb. 2||Artist Showcase: Made by Kristi
Local collage artist who created the "I Am" series.
Artist: Kristi Abbott (www.madebykristi.com)
|4 p.m. - 10 p.m.|
|Feb. 3||Author Showcase and Book Signings:
"Pothole Confidential: My Life as Mayor of Minneapolis"
Author: R. T. Rybak
"Humans of Minneapolis"
Author: Stephanie Glaros
|10 a.m. – 11 a.m.|
11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
All appearance may be subject to change.
*Promotion cannot be combined with other discounts. Excludes transit sales. Must show valid volunteer credentials.
Ultimate Sports Ticket 2018 raffle tickets for sale
Beginning Friday, Jan. 26, visitors and shoppers can also purchase Ultimate Sports Ticket raffle tickets at Minneapolis Visitor Information. This year, Sports Minneapolis is offering Minnesota sports fans an opportunity to win one of two prizes:
- Marquee Game Prize Package: One winner will receive a pair of tickets to 78 marquee games from all six professional teams (Minnesota Lynx, Timberwolves, Twins, United FC, Vikings, and Wild), six sports at the University of Minnesota and VIP passes to X Games Minneapolis 2018.
- Home Opener Prize Package: A second winner will receive a pair of tickets to all six professional teams and six University of Minnesota sports team home openers (12 games total)!
Up to 400 raffle tickets will be sold for $100 each through March 6, 2018. Two winning tickets will be drawn live on Fox Sports North’s “Wild Live” pre-game show, prior to the Minnesota Wild vs. Carolina Hurricanes broadcast. Visit www.sportsminneapolis.org/ulti... for more information and official raffle terms and conditions.
ABOUT MINNEAPOLIS VISITOR INFORMATION ON NICOLLET: SHOP. MOVE. FIND
Minneapolis Visitor Information includes three services in one convenient location on Nicollet at 5th Street:
- Shop: Love From Minneapolis offers Minneapolis- and Minnesota-themed apparel, art, specialty foods, souvenirs and gifts, including many made by local artisans. Products are also available at: https://lovefromcompanies.com/...
- Move: Move Minneapolis (formerly the Commuter Connection) provides services to commuters, carpool information, transit passes, schedules and maps, MnPass and bicycling commuting information and accessories. Visitors seeking help with transit options should make this their first stop downtown.
- Find: Meet Minneapolis staff is available to answer questions, share visitor maps and provide suggestions about things to do in Minneapolis and the surrounding area. The Visitor Information Center in the Minneapolis Convention Center also is available to provide similar information to visitors and convention attendees.
ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
Meet Minneapolis is a private, not-for-profit, member-based association. It actively promotes and sells the Minneapolis area as a destination for conventions and meetings, works to maximize the visitor experience and markets the city as a desirable tourist destination to maximize the economic benefit to the greater Minneapolis area.
Meet Minneapolis is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of Destinations International.
CONNECT WITH US!
On Facebook: www.facebook.com/meetminneapolis
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/meetminneapolis
On Instagram: www.instagram.com/meetminneapolis
#askMPLS: Use this hashtag to get answers to all your Minneapolis questions from our team.
Kristen Montag, Meet Minneapolis Senior PR and Communications Manager,
612-767-8038, KristenM@minneapolis.org, @Minneapolis_PR on Twitter
Kathy Gerhardt McCarthy, Meet Minneapolis Director of PR and Communications,