Minneapolis Visitor Information Announces New Partnership
Minneapolis Visitor Information on Nicollet announces new retail partnership: Love From Minneapolis
Celebrates Small Business Saturday with Minnesota artists, music and specials
Minneapolis (Nov. 22, 2016) – Meet Minneapolis proudly announces a new retail partnership with Love From Companies at Minneapolis Visitor Information on Nicollet, the city’s visitor information center. Love From Minneapolis now provides all merchandise available at the store located at 505 Nicollet, Suite 100. In celebration of the new partnership, Love From Minneapolis and Minneapolis Visitor Information celebrate Small Business Saturday on Nov. 26, 2016, with special extended store hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and giveaways, light refreshments, live music and local artists:
- Artist Barbara Sculati featuring handmade Nordic Gnomes based on Scandinavian folklore (https://www.facebook.com/barbara.sculati)
- Artist Julie Steller featuring Sweater Mittens and Mini-Mitten ornament gift-with-purchase of $30 or more throughout the store while supplies last
- Artist Kim Gordon/Open Cupboard Design featuring Gnome Luminaries (www.opencupboarddesigns.com)
- Entertainment will be provided by Laurel Kaeferlein, who will be singing classic holiday songs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (http://www.laurelkaeferlein.com/).
- Drawings for gift certificates including Cooks of Crocus Hill ($50 gift card), Love From Minneapolis (two $50 gift cards) and iCandy Sugar Shoppe ($25 gift card) – sign up for a chance to win in the store during Saturday’s event!
More information on Minneapolis Visitor Information on Nicollet and Love From Minneapolis, as well as the event, can be found at http://www.minneapolis.org/mvi. Love from Minneapolis has a new Facebook page, as well: https://www.facebook.com/LoveFromMPLS/.
Located directly across 5th Street from the Nicollet METRO light-rail train station, Meet Minneapolis partnered with CenterPoint Energy to occupy a 5,000 square-foot corner on the street level of the CenterPoint Energy building beginning in 2015.
ABOUT LOVE FROM MINNEAPOLIS
Love From Minneapolis is owned and operated by Love From Companies and is part of a distinctive family of retail concepts that aim to provide our customers with a unique shopping experience. Whether you are visiting one of our stores or combing our website for the latest in delightful Minnesota Made merchandise, we hope your experience is fun and inspiring.
Founded in 1979, our first “store” was actually a kiosk located at the shops on St. Anthony Main in Minneapolis, Minn. 36 years later, our company has expanded beyond our dreams to include 21 stores in Minnesota and Chicago along with a wholesale division. Love From Companies has come a long way since our paper kiosk days: we currently sell everything from authentic Minnesota Made art, Made in Minnesota foods, candy, gifts and heritage goods.
It has always been our mission to provide our customers with an extraordinary shopping experience with gifts that capture lasting memories reflective of the culture and lifestyle of the areas in which we passionately operate.
ABOUT MINNEAPOLIS VISITOR INFORMATION ON NICOLLET: SHOP. MOVE. FIND.
Minneapolis Visitor Information includes three services in one convenient location – at 505 Nicollet, Suite 100:
- Shop: Partnering with Love From Companies, Love From Minneapolis offers Minnesota-made artistic retail products, as well as unique souvenirs and gifts.
- Move: Move Minneapolis (formerly the Commuter Connection) provides services to commuters, carpool information, transit passes, schedules and maps, MnPass and bicycling commuting information and accessories. Visitors seeking help with transit options should make this their first stop downtown.
- Find: Meet Minneapolis staff is available to answer questions, share visitor maps and provide suggestions about things to do in Minneapolis and the surrounding area. It is also a starting point for tours of the city. A social media command center located on-site will be activated during busy event and convention times, and to provide Minneapolis partner businesses a place to connect with visitors. The Visitor Information Center in the Minneapolis Convention Center remains open and available to provide similar information to visitors and convention attendees.
Plus, Minneapolis’ famous Mary Tyler Moore statue is located inside the building at 505 Nicollet, Suite 100. Stop by to take photos with Mary and use #MaryinMpls on social media!
Regular hours: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. (except for Small Business Saturday on Nov. 16, 2016, the store will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
Meet Minneapolis is a private, not-for-profit, member-based association. It actively promotes and sells the Minneapolis area as a destination for conventions and meetings, works to maximize the visitor experience and markets the city as a desirable tourist destination to maximize the economic benefit of the greater Minneapolis area.
Meet Minneapolis is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of the Destination Marketing Association International.
CONNECT WITH US!
Online: www.minneapolis.org and for deals & exclusive experiences: http://go.minneapolis.org
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/meetminneapolis?ref=ts
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/meetminneapolis
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/meetminneapolis/
On Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/meetminneapolis/
#askMPLS: Use this hashtag to get answers to all your Minneapolis questions from our team!