MINNEAPOLIS HOME + GARDEN SHOW
BACK FOR TWO WEEKENDS
Among the Highlights, Presentations by HGTV’s Hilary Farr and Bravo’s Jeff Lewis
Minneapolis (Updated Feb. 8, 2017) --- Is it spring yet, Minnesota? The un-official kick-off to spring, the 2017 Minneapolis Home + Garden Show is back for two full weekends Friday, Feb. 24 - Sunday, Feb. 26 and Friday, March 3 – Sunday, March 5 at the Minneapolis Convention Center (1301 Second Ave. So.).
The Show is sure to inspire homeowners with its more than 1,000 experts sharing new ideas and practical advice as well as hundreds of exhibits featuring innovative products and services. The Show boasts great deals and shopping experiences all related to home, gardening, remodeling, and home décor. Tickets are now on sale online at HomeandGardenShow.com.
This year’s celebrity lineup includes an impressive list of nationally-known home experts, including:
- Jeff Lewis - Touted as America’s best-known house flipper through his role in Bravo’s docuseries “Flipping Out,” Jeff also owns a design firm and has designed several products. Lewis will be appearing on Saturday, Feb. 25 at noon.
- Tyler Wisler – One of New York’s most influential and dynamic designers, Tyler has been featured on HGTV’s “Design Star” and ABC’s “Good Morning America.” Wisler will be appearing Friday, Feb. 24 and Saturday, Feb. 25.
- Hilary Farr - Co-host of HGTV’s “Love It or List It” and president of Hilary Farr Design, her interior design company. Farr will be appearing on Saturday, March 4 at 1 p.m.
- Matt Muenster – Always a crowd pleaser, Matt is a local fan favorite and host of HGTV’s “Bath Crashers.” Muenster will be presenting on Friday, March 3 and Sunday, March 5.
- Julia Collin Davison and Bridget Lancaster from TPT’s “America’s Test Kitchen.” They will host a presentation on Saturday, March 4 at 10 a.m. all about the cast iron skillet – how to buy, season, care for, and use.
This year’s show features to include:
- One Main Stage –The combined Lifestyle and Kitchen Stages allow attendees to watch cooking demonstrations and DIY presentations in the same spot. There will be plenty of resourceful presentations including budget saving tips, recipes from local chefs and media personalities, gardening advice, local speakers and national celebrities. Main Stage sponsored by Kelli Kaufer Designs and ProSource. Chef presentations on the Kitchen Stage are sponsored by Minnesota Restaurant Association and AmeriPride®.
- Tiny Home Village – Didn’t get enough of the Tiny Homes last year? They’re back again for more inspiration in alternative living! Check out four of the latest homes from Minnesota and Wisconsin builders.
- Ask a Designer – This feature allows show attendees the opportunity to talk one on one with experts from Pottery Barn about interior design.
- New Product Showcase – New and innovative products for your home will be featured showcasing unique, modern attributes.
- Backyard Lounge – Relax with your favorite beverage while checking out the latest in outdoor furniture. Sponsored by Plants and Things USA and Outdoor Innovations Landscaping.
- Better Gnomes and Gardens – Come see whimsical gnomes painted by various Twin Cities partners. They will be auctioned off with proceeds benefitting the National Kidney Foundation.
Other highlights will include new exhibits and old favorites, such as:
- The Idea Home – Coastal Contemporary: EPS Homes is back for a second year as the Idea Home builder. HOM Furniture is providing interior furnishings, landscaping provided by The Garden By The Woods, and windows from Renewal by Andersen.
- The Feature Gardens presented by Star Tribune: Eight of the most talented landscapers from around Minnesota will showcase their expertise and talents with the theme “Gardens Around the World” as their inspiration. Countries to be portrayed include the Netherlands, Canada, Italy, Scotland, Ireland, England, Greece, and USA.
- Garden Theater presented by the Minnesota State Horticultural Society in partnership with Northern Gardner: Learn from some of the country's most knowledgeable gardening experts on a variety of topics, including Landscaping for Pollinators, Landscape Design Basics, and Organic Gardening in Small Spaces.
- Flowers and Plants to Take Home: Attendees will be able to fill their homes with fresh cut spring flowers at low prices thanks to the Flower Market near the entrance of the Show. Plus, the Annual Plant Sale occurs after 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 5 and is a buying frenzy that guests wait for all day to get bargains from the landscapers.
Friday, Feb. 24 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Hero Day – active and retired military, police officers, firefighters, EMTs, medical professionals and teachers get FREE admission.
- Medical professionals showing work ID also get in FREE.
Saturday, Feb. 25 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 26 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, March 3 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Senior Day - discounted admission for seniors
- Star Tribune Day - $3 discount for Star Tribune readers with coupon
Saturday, March 4 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, March 5 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tickets prices for adults are $12 online and $14 at the door; $4 for children ages six – 12; children five and under are free. To order tickets and learn the most up-to-date information, visit HomeandGardenShow.com.
Metro Transit will provide free rides on buses and METRO lines to the Show on both Saturdays. Visit the main page of HomeandGardenShow.com to download and print your free transit pass.
About Marketplace Events
Marketplace Events creates vibrant expositions connecting enthusiasts with experts, products and services in dynamic face-to-face environments. The company produces 38 consumer home shows in the US; 4 in Canada; and five holiday shows. The 57 combined events, in 25 markets, attract 15,000 exhibitors, 1.75 million attendees and another 2 million unique web visitors annually. From 14 offices, the 150-person staff produces some of the most successful and longest-running shows in North America, including market-leading home shows in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, Minneapolis, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.—some of which have thrived in their markets for more than 75 years. www.marketplaceevents.com. In 2016 the company launched Marketing Solutions, a division that provides digital marketing, custom printing, branded content and sales support to their expanding customer base.