lululemon brings the sweatlife to Mall of America with experiential store opening
Just in time for the holidays, lululemon’s newest ‘experiential store’ opens at Mall of America. The vision for lululemon Mall of America is to create ongoing opportunities for guests to sweat, grow and connect with the company's network of local ambassadors, becoming a hub for the community.
From fitness to fuel, mindfulness to connection, personal development to personal growth, lululemon Mall of America focuses on the whole human to help guests unleash their full potential.
The location will offer guests an elevated shopping experience, featuring the most comprehensive expression of product – across men’s and women’s run, train, yoga and on the move. The 19,700 square foot, one-level location will have separate entrances for mall access and studio services.
Started at our Lincoln Park, Chicago location, lululemon Mall of America will also offer our Gear Trial program, which allows our guests to experience key styles the way our ambassadors do, by putting our products through their paces in our studios. If a guest wants to sweat but forgot their gear, we’ve got them covered.
In addition to our weekly sweat schedule we will host the following events on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. Each quarter will have a theme:
- The Dialogue: immersive panel discussion about pertinent topics in the community, centered around humble learning and bringing people together.
- The Gathering: thematic dinner series focused on bringing influential people to the table for a tipple, a meal, and conversation.
- The Frame: movie series, showcasing unique stories.
- The Resident: Rotating art work, displayed in the space and available for purchase.
- The Mic: Concert series, featuring an array of local artists.
- HTB series: Workshops and events highlighting our Here To Be partners. Here To be is our social impact program supporting non-for profits that make yoga and meditation accessible to all.
We believe what you get out is directly related to what you put in, in all aspects of life. Which is why lululemon Mall of America offers a Fuel Space with healthy options – from smoothies to protein boxes – for our guests to recharge.
lululemon Mall of America by the numbers:
- 19,700 SF on one level, two Entrances (retail + experiential)
- Studio – Equipped for yoga + HIIT activities + hosting large events. Men’s + Women’s locker rooms with premium showers and amenities
- Studio Services – Housing two extra tills, check-in for guests using Sweat/Grow space, storage area for gear trial program
- Fuel Bar – Serving coffee, smoothies, grab and go pastries/salads with counter and dining seating areas
- Grow Room – Open to public, and also a private rentable space for group connection/development/meditation
lululemon Mall of America is located on level 1, West of Mall of America and opens November 20, 2019.
About lululemon athletica inc.
lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) is a healthy lifestyle inspired athletic apparel company for yoga, running, training, and most other sweaty pursuits, creating transformational products and experiences which enable people to live a life they love. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional designs, lululemon works with yogis and athletes in local communities for continuous research and product feedback. For more information, visit www.lululemon.com.
About Mall of America
At 5.6 million square feet, Mall of America is the largest shopping and entertainment complex in North America with more than 520 world-class retail stores and restaurants; Nickelodeon Universe, the nation’s largest indoor theme park; SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium; FlyOver America; Crayola Experience; Hard Rock Café; The Escape Game; CMX Cinemas; and more. The Mall opened in 1992 and is located in Bloomington, Minn., minutes from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and adjacent to the MSP International Airport. Follow Mall of America on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Download the Mall of America app from the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android. For more information, visit https://www.mallofamerica.com/