Minneapolis (June 28, 2017) -- Minneapolis is the host of the 2017 summer X Games, taking place July 13-16. Minneapolis Visitor Information (MVI) on Nicollet is kicking off the fun on July 6 with an X Games-themed First Thursday, a monthly event at the visitor center, featuring local artist Mark Rivard’s skateboard artwork and a meet and greet reception with the artist from 4-6 p.m. Students will learn skateboard art from Rivard in two seminars earlier in the day and have that art displayed in MVI’s windows through the X Games.
This month’s promotions include a 10 percent discount* on purchases from Love From Minneapolis with a portion of proceeds going to City of Skate, Skate Park advocacy coalition. Also, guests can register for a chance to win two tickets to the X Games and a Mark Rivard gift pack.
Love From Minneapolis will be selling Rivard Art’s collection of skateboard decks, pints and shirts. Design-Your-Own Skateboard Kits and Rivard Art will also be for sale, including exclusive X Games-themed art on display in MVI.
High school students who registered to take part in the seminars will get a Mark Rivard skateboard art kit and a ticket to the X Games in Minneapolis. The seminars are sponsored by 21st Century Learners Center Grants.
Overview of events and promotions:
- Two Rivard Art seminars for 40 high school students in two sessions at 10 a.m. to noon and 2-4 p.m. (Cameras welcome!)
- Skateboard art on display made by local high school students
- 10 percent storewide* discount
- Register to win two X Games tickets or a Mark Rivard gift pack
- Meet and greet with Mark Rivard from 4-6 p.m.
- Information on X Games
More information on the First Thursday event: http://www.minneapolis.org/thi... and specifics on the Rivard Art event: http://www.minneapolis.org/footer/blog/x-games-skateboard-art-with-mark-rivard/
*This promotion excludes transit passes and cannot be combined with other discounts.
ABOUT MINNEAPOLIS VISITOR INFORMATION ON NICOLLET: SHOP. MOVE. FIND.
Minneapolis Visitor Information includes three services in one convenient location:
- Shop: Love From Minneapolis offers Minneapolis- and Minnesota-themed apparel, art, specialty foods, souvenirs and gifts, including many made by local artisans. Products are also available at: https://lovefromcompanies.com/shop-minneapolis
- Move: Move Minneapolis (formerly the Commuter Connection) provides services to commuters, carpool information, transit passes, schedules and maps, MnPass and bicycling commuting information and accessories. Visitors seeking help with transit options should make this their first stop downtown.
- Find: Meet Minneapolis staff is available to answer questions, share visitor maps and provide suggestions about things to do in Minneapolis and the surrounding area. The Visitor Information Center in the Minneapolis Convention Center also is available to provide similar information to visitors and convention attendees.
ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
Meet Minneapolis is a private, not-for-profit, member-based association. It actively promotes and sells the Minneapolis area as a destination for conventions and meetings, works to maximize the visitor experience and markets the city as a desirable tourist destination to maximize the economic benefit to the greater Minneapolis area.
Meet Minneapolis is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of the Destination Marketing Association International.
CONNECT WITH US!
Online: www.minneapolis.org and for deals & exclusive experiences: http://go.minneapolis.org
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/meetminneapolis?ref=ts
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/meetminneapolis
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/meetminneapolis/
On Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/meetminneapolis/
#askMPLS: Use this hashtag to get answers to all your Minneapolis questions from our team!
Kristen Montag, Meet Minneapolis senior public relations and communications manager, 612-767-8038, firstname.lastname@example.org, @Minneapolis_PR on Twitter.