Minneapolis (Feb. 23, 2018) – – The Big Game may be over, but Minneapolis is still all about sports. On March 1, stock up on all merchandise, including sports-related items and apparel with 20 percent off. Plus, enter to win a giveaway for four HomePlate Box tickets to one Minnesota Twins game in 2018 during Minneapolis Visitor Information’s First Thursdays event. Minneapolis Visitor Information is located on 5th and Nicollet.
Additionally, it’s the last week to purchase Ultimate Sports Ticket raffle tickets from Sports Minneapolis. Minneapolis Visitor Information is the easiest place to buy these tickets for a chance to win one of two prize packages for Minnesota Sports Super Fans through March 6, so don’t miss out! Two lucky winning tickets will be drawn live on Fox Sports North’s “Wild Live” pre-game show, prior to the Minnesota Wild vs. Carolina Hurricanes broadcast. Prizes include:
- Marquee Game Prize Package: One winner will receive a pair of tickets to 78 marquee games for all six Minnesota professional teams, six sports at the University of Minnesota and VIP Passes to ESPN’s X Games in Minneapolis this summer.
- Home Opener Prize Package: One winner will receive a pair of tickets to all six major professional sports teams’ home openers. Plus tickets to the University of Minnesota home opener games for Gophers football, men’s and women's basketball, men’s and women's hockey and volleyball.
Tickets may be purchased with cash, check, or debit card. This raffle helps fund Sports Minneapolis’ efforts to attract, retain and create major amateur, collegiate and professional sporting events in the metro area for the benefit of the local community.
When: Thursday, March 1, 2018, noon. to 2 p.m.
Where: 505 Nicollet Mall, Suite 100, directly across from the METRO Nicollet station
Who: Representatives from Minnesota Twins, Timberwolves, and Lynx will be present
What: Guests will receive:
- 20 percent off all sports-related merchandise* Free popcorn (while supplies last)
- Chance to win four HomePlate Box tickets to a 2018 Twins game
- Opportunity to purchase Ultimate Sports Tickets
First Thursdays are held each month to encourage residents, employees of downtown businesses and visitors to learn more about Minneapolis Visitor Information and its partners, Love from Minneapolis and Move Minneapolis, as well as highlight community organizations and events. Minneapolis Visitor Information is located at 505 Nicollet, Suite 100, directly across from the Nicollet METRO station.
For more information on First Thursdays events, go to:
*Promotion cannot be combined with other discounts
ABOUT MINNEAPOLIS VISITOR INFORMATION ON NICOLLET: SHOP. MOVE. FIND.
Minneapolis Visitor Information includes three services in one convenient location on Nicollet at 5th Street:
- Shop: Love From Minneapolis offers Minneapolis- and Minnesota-themed apparel, art, specialty foods, souvenirs and gifts, including many made by local artisans. Products are also available at: https://lovefromcompanies.com/shop-minneapolis.
- Move: Move Minneapolis (formerly the Commuter Connection) provides services to commuters, carpool information, schedules and maps, MnPass and bicycling commuting information and accessories. Visitors seeking help with transit options should make this their first stop downtown
- Find: Meet Minneapolis staff is available to answer questions, share visitor maps and provide suggestions about things to do in Minneapolis and the surrounding area. The Visitor Information Center in the Minneapolis Convention Center also is available to provide similar information to visitors and convention attendees.
ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
Meet Minneapolis is a private, not-for-profit, member-based association. It actively promotes and sells the Minneapolis area as a destination for conventions and meetings, works to maximize the visitor experience and markets the city as a desirable tourist destination to maximize the economic benefit to the greater Minneapolis area.
Meet Minneapolis is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of Destinations International
CONNECT WITH US
Online: www.minneapolis.org and for deals and exclusive experiences: http://go.minneapolis.org
On Facebook: www.facebook.com/meetminneapolis
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/meetminneapolis
On Instagram: www.instagram.com/meetminneapolis
#askMPLS: Use this hashtag to get answers to all your Minneapolis questions from our team
Kristen Montag, Meet Minneapolis Senior PR and Communications Manager, 612-767-8038, KristenM@minneapolis.org, @Minneapolis_PR on Twitter
Kathy Gerhardt McCarthy, Meet Minneapolis Director of PR and Communications, 612-767-8048, KathyM@minneapolis.org