GUTHRIE THEATER TO HOST FREE OPEN HOUSE
Saturday, August 27, 2016 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A family-friendly day invites the community to explore, discover and play.
Minneapolis/St. Paul—The Guthrie Theater (Joseph Haj, Artistic Director) today announced it will host a free Open House on Saturday, August 27 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at its home located at 818 South Second Street in Downtown Minneapolis. All are welcome to experience a day jam-packed with exploration, discovery and play. See where artists and Guthrie staff work, how shows are made, and make memories with fellow community members. This event is free and open to the public, and ASL interpreters and audio describers will be available through Access Services. For more details, call the Guthrie Box Office at (612) 377-2224 or toll-free (877) 44 STAGE, or visit www.guthrietheater.org.
Here’s a sampling of what’s on tap:
- Take a peek backstage and into Guthrie workshops on a self-guided tour.
- Curl up in a storytelling corner to hear a tale told by a Guthrie artist.
- Let your imagination run wild at a mask-making station.
- Tap into your talent in a mini-class for teens and adults.
- Be wowed by theatrical magic on the Guthrie’s signature thrust stage.
- Grab your bestie and snap a selfie using real Guthrie costume pieces and props.
THE GUTHRIE THEATER (Joseph Haj, Artistic Director) was founded by Sir Tyrone Guthrie in 1963 and is an American center for theater performance, production, education and professional training, dedicated to producing the great works of dramatic literature and to cultivating the next generation of theater artists. Under the leadership of Haj, the Guthrie produces a mix of classic and contemporary plays on three stages, and continues to set a national standard for excellence in theatrical production and performance.
For more information contact:
Elizabeth Deacon, 612.225.6193
Lauren Mueller, 612.225.6142