Minneapolis (Oct. 21, 2019) – GalaxyCon Minneapolis will beam into the Twin Cities for the first time at the Minneapolis Convention Center (1301 2nd Ave. So.) for three days; Friday, Nov. 8 through Sunday, Nov. 10, 2019. Bringing all of your favorite characters to Minnesota, this festival of fandom is more than a comic con – it’s an epicenter for superheroes, anime, fantasy, science fiction, video gaming, pop culture and more.
GalaxyCon Minneapolis is expected to attract over 25,000 fans. The pop culture extravaganza will create opportunities for these fans to meet their favorite TV and movie actors, voice actors, comic creators, professional cosplayers, gaming experts, illustrators and wrestlers. The event will feature more than 300 hours of programming including Q&As, workshops, parties and meet & greets.
“We’re thrilled to be bringing GalaxyCon to Minneapolis,” said Mike Broder, President of GalaxyCon. “As Minnesota’s largest multi-genre comic convention, we value the community’s enthusiasm and excitement and look forward to continuing to grow the event.”
Celebrities scheduled to appear include:
- Dave Bautista – “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Avengers: Infinity War,” WWE
- Barry Bostwick – “The Rocky Horror Picture Show,” “Spin City”
- Lou Ferrigno – “The Incredible Hulk”
- Jason David Frank – “Power Rangers”
- Karen Gillan – “Doctor Who,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle”
- Alex Kingston – “Doctor Who,” “E.R.”
- William Shatner – “Star Trek,” “T.J. Hooker,” “Rescue 911,” “Boston Legal”;
- John Wesley Shipp – “The Flash,” “Dawson's Creek”
- George Takei – “Star Trek,” “Heroes,” “Mulan,” “The Green Berets”
- Catherine Tate – “Doctor Who,” “The Office,” “The Catherine Tate Show”
- David Tennant – “Doctor Who,” “Jessica Jones,” “Broadchurch,” “Good Omens”
GalaxyCon Minneapolis will also feature legendary comic book artists, writers, publishers and industry professionals from Marvel Comics, DC Comics and others. Also attending, children’s characters and cartoon voice actors from “DragonBall,” “Invader Zim,” “RWBY” and Disney projects will be on hand.
For a complete list of the dozens of TV and movie stars, wrestlers, cosplayers, animation and anime professionals, creators and entertainers scheduled to attend, please visit https://minneapolis.galaxycon.....
Program Highlights at GalaxyCon Minneapolis will include:
- Celebrity Q&As are a big part of the festival. Most celebrities appear on stage at no extra cost to chat with fans about their projects.
- Live Draw art sessions featuring legendary comic artists take place daily for fans to see how their favorite characters are created.
- Cosplay & Costume Competitions will be held each day for all levels of competition. The GalaxyCon Main Costume Competition to be conducted on Saturday, Nov. 9 is expected to draw thousands of spectators to see who wins the $2,500 in prizes.
- Live Cosplay Wrestling featuring heart-pounding and hilarious battles from all over the Multiverse is brought to you by Fantasy Super Cosplay Wrestling (FSCW). FSCW showcases titanic clashes each day as heroes and villains from comic books, anime, video games and TV vie for the FSCW Championship title.
- Comedy Shows and other live performances such as shadow casts and burlesque take place each night – all with a geeky spin.
- Gaming runs all day and night with consoles and PCs lined up for video game free play as well as tournaments. Board games, card games, RPGs and more tabletop games will also be available for attendees to enjoy.
Friday, Nov. 8 Noon – 1 a.m. Exhibition Room: Noon – 8 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 9 10 a.m. – 2 a.m. Exhibition Room: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 10 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Exhibition Room: 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
GalaxyCon Minneapolis tickets are available for purchase both online and at the door. Kids 9 and under get in free. A limited supply of single-day (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) two-day (Saturday and Sunday only) of full three-day weekend passes are still available. Save 10% online by using the code GALAXY10. Pair your admission ticket with meet and greet tickets for the many participating celebrities.
Molly Steinke, Nemer Fieger, email@example.com
Megan Benedict, Nemer Fieger, firstname.lastname@example.org