Minneapolis (Nov. 29, 2017) – Holidays are a time to give, and Minneapolis Visitor Information on Nicollet and Love From Minneapolis want to give you something while you shop for those on your list. On Thursday, Dec. 7, receive a 25 percent discount* off one regular-priced item of your choice while enjoying a free cup of hot chocolate from Caribou Coffee, with additional toppings provided. You’ll also receive complimentary gift wrapping. Plus, enter to win a 53-inch plush bear and private holiday lights tour for two, provided by Total Transportation. Keeping in the spirit of giving, beginning Dec. 7 and continuing through Dec. 23, you may choose to add a donation to your purchase by selecting a $1, $5, $10, or $20 ornament from Minneapolis Visitor Information’s Giving Tree. Proceeds will benefit The 30 Days Foundation.
Since 2011, The 30 Days Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit in the Twin Cities area, has assisted over 30,000 families with one-time financial grants made payable only to the service provider that needs payment via the programs the foundation administers. The simple act of kindness the organization provides is only possible by generous donations from individuals, companies and revenue raised from events they produce. Minneapolis Visitor Information’s Giving Tree donations will add to this support. Guests who donate will select an “ornament” from the Giving Tree, add the donation to their purchase and may write their name on it, with the goal to fill the tree with donations by Dec. 23.
When: Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: 505 Nicollet Mall, Suite 100, directly across from the METRO Nicollet station
What: Guests will receive:
- Free hot chocolate with toppings (while supplies last)
- 25 percent off one regular-priced item*
- Gift-wrapping offered in-store for all purchases
- Donation opportunity for The 30 Days Foundation
- Enter giveaway drawing for 53-inch plush bear and holiday lights tour in private sedan, provided by Total Transportation
*Promotion cannot be combined with other discounts. Excludes transit sales.
First Thursdays are held each month to encourage residents, employees of downtown businesses and visitors to learn more about Minneapolis Visitor Information and its partners, Love from Minneapolis and Move Minneapolis, as well as highlight community organizations and events. Minneapolis Visitor Information is located at 505 Nicollet, Suite 100, directly across from the Nicollet METRO station.
For more information on First Thursdays events, go to: http://www.minneapolis.org/things-to-do/visitor-information/events-at-minneapolis-visitor-information/
ABOUT MINNEAPOLIS VISITOR INFORMATION ON NICOLLET: SHOP. MOVE. FIND.
Minneapolis Visitor Information includes three services in one convenient location on Nicollet at 5th Street:
- Shop: Love From Minneapolis offers Minneapolis- and Minnesota-themed apparel, art, specialty foods, souvenirs and gifts, including many made by local artisans. Products are also available at: https://lovefromcompanies.com/shop-minneapolis
- Move: Move Minneapolis (formerly the Commuter Connection) provides services to commuters, carpool information, transit passes, schedules and maps, MnPass and bicycling commuting information and accessories. Visitors seeking help with transit options should make this their first stop downtown.
- Find: Meet Minneapolis staff is available to answer questions, share visitor maps and provide suggestions about things to do in Minneapolis and the surrounding area. The Visitor Information Center in the Minneapolis Convention Center also is available to provide similar information to visitors and convention attendees.
ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
Meet Minneapolis is a private, not-for-profit, member-based association. It actively promotes and sells the Minneapolis area as a destination for conventions and meetings, works to maximize the visitor experience and markets the city as a desirable tourist destination to maximize the economic benefit to the greater Minneapolis area.
Meet Minneapolis is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of the Destinations International.
CONNECT WITH US!
Online: www.minneapolis.org and for deals and exclusive experiences: http://go.minneapolis.org
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/meetminneapolis?ref=ts
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/meetminneapolis
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/meetminneapolis/
On Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/meetminneapolis/
#askMPLS: Use this hashtag to get answers to all your Minneapolis questions from our team!
Kristen Montag, Meet Minneapolis Senior PR and Communications Manager, 612-767-8038, KristenM@minneapolis.org, @Minneapolis_PR on Twitter
Kathy Gerhardt McCarthy, Meet Minneapolis Director of PR and Communications, 612-767-8048, KathyM@minneapolis.org