Minneapolis (Oct. 25, 2017) --- As the season of giving approaches, Minneapolis Visitor Information on Nicollet will provide complimentary tasty treats and an opportunity to learn about two local organizations – each whose mission includes giving to those in need. As part of its “First Thursdays” event, individuals are welcome to stop by the Nicollet at 5th Street shop for free donuts from Cardigan Donuts and coffee from Caribou on Thursday, Nov. 2 from 9 a.m. to noon (while supplies last). After enjoying the light breakfast, consider shopping for gifts such as Hippy Feet Socks, where your purchase means warm feet for someone else, and be introduced to YouthLink, a program dedicated to providing aid and resources for homeless youth in the Twin Cities.
When: Thursday, Nov. 2, 9 a.m. to noon
Where: 505 Nicollet Mall, Suite 100, directly across from the METRO Nicollet station
- Free coffee and donuts (while supplies last)
- Learn more about YouthLink’s efforts in the Minneapolis community
- 15 percent off Hippy Feet socks (all day): For every pair purchased, a pair is donated to homeless shelters—socks are the least donated, but most needed, at shelters!
- 10 percent off all Love from Minneapolis retail store merchandise (all day)*
*Promotion excludes transit sales.
First Thursdays are held each month to encourage residents, employees of downtown businesses and visitors to learn more about Minneapolis Visitor Information and its partners, Love from Minneapolis and Move Minneapolis, as well as highlight community organizations and events. Minneapolis Visitor Information is located at 505 Nicollet, Suite 100, directly across from the Nicollet METRO station.
For more information on First Thursdays events, go to: http://www.minneapolis.org/things-to-do/visitor-information/events-at-minneapolis-visitor-information/
ABOUT MINNEAPOLIS VISITOR INFORMATION ON NICOLLET: SHOP. MOVE. FIND.
Minneapolis Visitor Information includes three services in one convenient location on Nicollet at 5th Street:
- Shop: Love From Minneapolis offers Minneapolis- and Minnesota-themed apparel, art, specialty foods, souvenirs and gifts, including many made by local artisans. Products are also available at: https://lovefromcompanies.com/shop-minneapolis
- Move: Move Minneapolis (formerly the Commuter Connection) provides services to commuters, carpool information, transit passes, schedules and maps, MnPass and bicycling commuting information and accessories. Visitors seeking help with transit options should make this their first stop downtown.
- Find: Meet Minneapolis staff is available to answer questions, share visitor maps and provide suggestions about things to do in Minneapolis and the surrounding area. The Visitor Information Center in the Minneapolis Convention Center also is available to provide similar information to visitors and convention attendees.
ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
Meet Minneapolis is a private, not-for-profit, member-based association. It actively promotes and sells the Minneapolis area as a destination for conventions and meetings, works to maximize the visitor experience and markets the city as a desirable tourist destination to maximize the economic benefit to the greater Minneapolis area.
Meet Minneapolis is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of the Destinations International.
CONNECT WITH US!
Online: www.minneapolis.org and for deals and exclusive experiences: http://go.minneapolis.org
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/meetminneapolis?ref=ts
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/meetminneapolis
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/meetminneapolis/
On Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/meetminneapolis/
#askMPLS: Use this hashtag to get answers to all your Minneapolis questions from our team!
Kristen Montag, Meet Minneapolis Senior PR and Communications Manager, 612-767-8038, KristenM@minneapolis.org, @Minneapolis_PR on Twitter
Kathy Gerhardt McCarthy, Meet Minneapolis Director of PR and Communications, 612-767-8048, KathyM@minneapolis.org