Apple Valley, MN – March 13, 2019 – The Minnesota Zoo is excited to usher in spring with the return of the popular Farm Babies at the Wells Fargo Family Farm. Even with a bit of lingering snow, the cuteness of springtime on the farm has arrived in the form of goat kids, lambs, piglets, calves, chicks, ducklings and more. Farm Babies will run daily March 22 – April 30, with special weekend activities perfect for the entire family. Farm Babies is sponsored by Wells Fargo and Dakota Electric Association.
Special Weekend Activities Include:
• Family Activity 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• Tram Rides 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
• Cow Milking Demos
• Guild of Metalsmiths Demos (beginning April 6)
• Animal “Egg” Enrichment throughout the Zoo (April 19 & 20)
• Peter Rabbit costume character (April 20)
Fun Farm Babies Facts:
- This year, the first Farm Babies born were goat kids
- Goats and sheep typically have a five month gestation period, while a cow’s gestation period is about nine months long
- Pigs typically have a three month, three week and three day gestation period
- Pigs have a typical litter of 8-12 piglets
The Minnesota Zoo
The Minnesota Zoo is a year-round destination located in Apple Valley, just minutes south of Mall of America. The Zoo’s mission is to connect people, animals and the natural world to save wildlife. For more information, call 952.431.9500 or visit mnzoo.org. The Minnesota Zoo is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) and an institutional member of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA).