FARM BABIES RETURN TO THE MINNESOTA ZOO’S WELLS FARGO FAMILY FARM FOR ANOTHTER YEAR OF EXTREME CUTENESS
Apple Valley, MINN – March 14, 2017 – The Minnesota Zoo is excited to bring back the popular Farm Babies event out at the Wells Fargo Family Farm and it’s more adorable than ever. Spring time “down on the farm” is welcomed with calves, goat kids, lambs, piglets, chicks, ducklings and more. Farm Babies will run March 24 – April 30 with special daily and weekend activities perfect for the entire family.
- Hay maze in the hayloft 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Cow milking demonstration 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m.
- Tram rides 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- April 14 & 15 - Family craft activity 11:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m.
- April 14 & 15 – Face painting 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- April 15 - Peter Rabbit costume character 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- April 8 – 23 Animal Enrichment around the Zoo
The Wells Fargo Family Farm is an interactive experience for all guests to experience the sights, sounds and smells of what it truly means to live and work on a Minnesota farm.
Farm Babies is sponsored by Wells Fargo and Dakota Electric Association.
Fun Farm Babies Facts:
- Pigs typically have a three month, three week and three day gestation period.
- A cow’s gestation period is typically nine months long, while goats and sheep typically have a five month gestation period.
- Pigs have a typical litter of 8-12 piglets.
- The name for a baby rabbit is “kit.”
The Minnesota Zoo is a year-round destination located in Apple Valley, just minutes south of Mall of America. The Zoo’s mission is to connect people, animals and the natural world to save wildlife. For more information, call 952.431.9500 or visit mnzoo.org. The Minnesota Zoo is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) and an institutional member of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA).