Don’t Miss IndiaFest Sat., August 19, Minnesota State Capitol Grounds
The India Association of Minnesota (IAM) invites you to its annual IndiaFest, held at the Minnesota State Capitol grounds on August 19, from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
IndiaFest celebrates the rich heritage, traditions, diversity, and culture of India. A FREE event open to all, this year’s festival is bigger and better than ever with internationally acclaimed Asian Indian dance and theater groups based in Minnesota including Ragamala, Ananya, and Katha Dance Theatre—as well as delectable Indian cuisine from eight local restaurants, foot-tapping live Bollywood music, exhibits, cultural displays, and an Indian bazaar.
Date: Saturday, August 19, 2017
Time: 11 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Venue: Minnesota State Capitol Grounds, Saint Paul
Highlights of the festival
- Food: Enjoy delicious cuisine from eight Twin Cities Indian restaurants.
- Culture: Four of the biggest Indian dance and theater groups based in Minnesota perform at this year’s event. Immerse yourself in colorful Classical, Semi-Classical, Bollywood and regional solo and group performances.
- Exhibits: Visit booths with decoration, traditions, and culture from various regions of India, showcasing the diversity of India.
- Activities: Fun activities for adults and kids. Enjoy henna or face painting, kite flying, chess, cricket, or learn some skills in yoga and meditation.
- Bazaar: Shop for traditional Indian clothing and accessories
- Raffle Drawing: Giveaways from local Minnesota-area retailers
- Student Scholarships: Five student scholarships to be given at the event
- Free MetroTransit light rail or bus rides with a downloadable pass found at iamn.org