MINNEAPOLIS, AUG. 5, 2015 – The second of three summertime Creative City Markets will take place the evening of Thursday, Aug. 13, 2015, from 4 to 9 p.m. on the Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC) Plaza featuring mini_polis, 2015 winner of the Creative City Challenge.
Creative City Market is a FREE monthly experience in the heart of our downtown that celebrates the art of making. The public is invited to participate in an evening under the setting sun surrounded by Minnesota made food, beer, art, wares and performance.
The Creative City Market will offer a variety of vendors selling locally made merchandise curated by The Musicant Group, food, such as brats and roasted corn on the cob, and Minnesota craft beer from the MCC’s Craft Bar and Lounge will be for sale and there will be various entertainment and activities (see below), as well as a place for visitors and residents to hang out and enjoy the views of Minneapolis and 2015 Creative City Challenge winning project, mini_polis.
Event information is available at http://www.minneapolis.org/minneapolis-convention-center/on-the-plaza/events [http://www.minneapolis.org/minneapolis-convention-center/on-the-plaza/events]. The remaining Creative City Market event will be on the second Thursday next month, Sept. 10. mini_polis will be in the Plaza through Oct. 15.
THURSDAY, AUG. 13, 4-9 P.M.
MINNEAPOLIS CONVENTION CENTER PLAZA
1301 Second Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55403
VISUALS & EVENT SPECIFICS:
- mini_polis, 2015 public art winner, will be a stage for performances and exploration
- An outdoor evening market featuring local artists, artisans and makers
- Live music and performances:
- Mayda will be performing from 5-6 p.m.
- Milu Milu Couture fashion show will take place from 6-6:30 p.m.
- Spoken word performances from 7-9 p.m.
- A central lawn to relax, play and linger
- A Minnesota-made movie, presented by the Minneapolis St. Paul Film Society
- Dez from KS95-FM will be available for meet and greets with free T-shirts and Lipton Sparkling Tea samples
- A beer garden featuring selections from the Minnesota Craft Brewers Guild [http://musicantgroup.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22a43c8dd46686cc62536b5b9&id=a488975f20&e=9071161413] from the Craft Bar and Lounge at the Minneapolis Convention Center available for sale
- Roasted Corn, grilled brats come and create a zany poem to honor your favorite veggie!
- JESS HIRSCH, HERB TALK: The Herbalist Guild will be invited to lead a discussion about their favorite local medicinal plant. Each herbalist will explain a personal story of encountering the plant, linking the flora to place. Jess will lead a workshop on flower essences and Ginny will lead a workshop on making tinctures.
- Local VENDORS to include:
- Wendy Anderson - Fabric covered button accessories, littlemisswendybird.etsy.com [http://littlemisswendybird.etsy.com]
- Jessica Smith - Regla De Oro - Art Gallery & Fair Trade Gifts: local handmade art & certified fair trade items from over 30 countries, www.regladeoro.com [http://www.regladeoro.com]
- Ayako Junko Osaki - Printed and embroidered patches/artwork, stickers, shirts and more, www.skinpapercloth.com [http://www.skinpapercloth.com]
- JobyLynn Sassily-James - Mixed media work and photography sold from a mobile gallery, https://www.facebook.com/pages/JobyLynn-Sassily-James-artist/118823331494793 [https://www.facebook.com/pages/JobyLynn-Sassily-James-artist/118823331494793]
- Christopher Nolt - Original designs, laser cut wood jewelry. Pop culture inspired fine art prints and drawing/paintings,https://www.etsy.com/shop/MindCollaborationInc [https://www.etsy.com/shop/MindCollaborationInc]
- Louisa Podlich - Small, bright, handmade ceramics, https://www.etsy.com/shop/weshopamano [https://www.etsy.com/shop/weshopamano]
- Diane Teske - Paintings, Photos and Prints, http://cargocollective.com/dianeteske/FAMILY-PORTRAIT [http://cargocollective.com/dianeteske/FAMILY-PORTRAIT]
- Joy McBrien - Fair trade jewelry and personal accessories made by female artisans in 11+ countries, www.fairanita.com [http://www.fairanita.com]
- Kendra Panning - Many unique items utilizing bead work, chainmail and crocheting ranging from French beaded flowers to jewelry to animal hats,https://www.facebook.com/K.PanningDesign [https://www.facebook.com/K.PanningDesign]
- Donna Menne - Handmade original jewelry using leather, silver and stones, www.donnamenne.com [http://www.donnamenne.com]
- Laura Olson - Art composed of meticulously placed lines and dots with micron pens creating whimsical images on prints and stickers, www.lauraxolson.com [http://www.lauraxolson.com]
- Andre Plante - Carved wooden Mandalas, http://cabinetworksonline.com/carvedmandalas.html [http://cabinetworksonline.com/carvedmandalas.html]
- Emann Khalil - Handmade jewelry, most of the materials from the sea, Arabian/Egyptian/Muslim culture mixed with the American knowledge
- Nicole Collodoro - Jewelry, Sculpture, 2-D Art, nicolecollodoro.etsy.com [http://nicolecollodoro.etsy.com]
- Mary Norsted- Handmade jewelry using Lake Superior stones and sea glass, including earrings, necklaces and bracelets,https://www.facebook.com/norsteddesign [https://www.facebook.com/norsteddesign]
- Laura Lund - Clothing sewn from African-print fabric, https://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=841aa15ea4fad024c9f3edf1ebadc1fb#1438374246497[https://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=841aa15ea4fad024c9f3edf1ebadc1fb#1438374246497]
- Ann Aas - Enamel beads, components and pendants, www.etsy.com/shop/annmadeinminnesota [http://www.etsy.com/shop/annmadeinminnesota]
- Dustin Yager - Unconventional porcelain pottery from $30 – 80, ceramicsandtheory.com [http://ceramicsandtheory.com]
More information is at http://www.minneapolis.org/minneapolis-convention-center/on-the-plaza/events [http://www.minneapolis.org/minneapolis-convention-center/on-the-plaza/events]. Facebook event is at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1430952910563558/[https://www.facebook.com/events/1430952910563558/]. (Please share!)
Creative City Market is a program of the Creative City Challenge, which is presented by the Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC), the Arts, Culture and the Creative Economy Program of the City of Minneapolis and Meet Minneapolis, Convention & Visitors Association, in collaboration with Northern Lights.mn, and is being produced by The Musicant Group [http://musicantgroup.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22a43c8dd46686cc62536b5b9&id=afc0373897&e=9071161413] in partnership with Pablo Jones.
MEDIA CONTACT: Kristen Montag, communication & public relations manager, 651-335-5754 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org [email@example.com], Minneapolis_PR [http://goo.gl/M48J8] on Twitter.
KRISTEN MONTAG | COMMUNICATIONS & PR MANAGER | KRISTENM@MINNEAPOLIS.ORG
OFFICE 612.767.8038 | FAX 612.767.8039 | Minneapolis_PR on Twitter [http://twitter.com/#!/Minneapolis_PR]