Minneapolis/Saint Paul Airport
Voted "Best Airport in America," the (MSP) Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport is a centrally-located travel hub revered for its ease of check-in, security, and amenities.
The Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport (MSP), voted "The 5th Most Reliable Large Airport" by Peter Greenberg is the country’s 17th busiest travel hub with 34 million passengers passing through each year and 12th busiest for aircraft operations. Compared to other metro areas, only one other U.S. city serves more nonstop markets per capita. The recent arrival of Southwest Airlines offers greater affordability, and MSP’s central location offers a speedy trip (15 – 30 minutes) to the city.
The airport and its leadership have received various awards in numerous categories, including safety, fiscal management, labor relations, legal oversight, snow and ice control, concessions, airport design and development, and marketing and communications. Travelers who need to transfer from one terminal to the other use the light rail transit service. Trains operate 24 hours a day between terminals. No fare is required between airport stations. There is no pedestrian access between the buildings.
- Transportation from downtown Minneapolis: Catch the Blue Line and enjoy the ride to MSP Airport:Terminal 1-Lindbergh Station or Terminal 2-Humphrey Station.
- Transportation from downtown Saint Paul: Take the Green Line to U.S. Bank Stadium Station. From there, catch the Blue Line and enjoy the ride to MSP Airport:Terminal 1-Lindbergh Station or Terminal 2-Humphrey Station.
- Transportation from Metro Area: MSP Airport's official parking system offers a variety of parking options to accommodate all of your travel adventures. Use the Quick Ride Ramp and get the best value for your trip.
- Insider Tip: If you want to relax before your flight, catch up on last minute business or enjoy fine fresh food - check out Escape Lounge in Terminal One. This quiet space overlooking the airfield and city skyline is off the Concourse Level located above the entrance to Concourse E. It offers daily membership which includes food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, complimentary Wi-Fi, newspapers, magazines, and usage of in-lounge Ipad Tablets. Prebook online to save an additional $5.
Where to Eat at MSP Airport
If you're flying through MSP bring an appetite. Your travels just got a little tastier. Here are just a few options we would recommend:
- Angel Food Bakery (Terminal 1)
- Hi-Lo (Terminal 1)
- Holy Land Deli (Terminal 1)
- LoLo American Kitchen (Terminal 1)
- Mimosa (Terminal 1)
- Minnesota Wild Bar and Restaurant (Terminal 2)
- Red Cow (Terminal 1)
- Smack Shack (Terminal 1)
- Stone Arch (Terminal 1)
See all MSP Airport food & drink options.
MSP Airport Shopping Spots
Have a bit of time before your flight? Get some shopping done at one of the fabulous shops MSP Airport has at your convenience.
All Terminal 1-Lindbergh airlines offer ticketing and bag-check services in the Ticketing Lobby located on Level 2 off the upper roadway, west of the Green and Gold parking ramps via skyway.
At Terminal 2, you can purchase a ticket, obtain a boarding pass and check your luggage in the Ticketing Lobby, located on Level 1. Some airlines also offer curbside check-in services in front of the terminal. Check with your airline for hours and availability.