The Zoo is a great place to visit in the fall, and here are ten reasons why:
10) Glorious fall colors. The Zoo’s nearly 500 acre campus is a riot of red, orange and gold, as our tree-lined trails show off their fall colors.
9) Saving Wildlife. World Rhino Day is the first day of fall. What better time than to come learn about the Minnesota Zoo’s work to save this fine animal and others.
8) Silver Leaf Langur. The Zoo is proud to announce that three new langurs, who make their debut in October, are the first silver leaf langur in the state. Visit them along the Tropics Trail near the Malayan tapirs.
7) Kangaroos. Yes, they are still here, but only for a short time! Visit Kangaroo Crossing to experience the Australian Outback. There are limited opportunities to feed them before the exhibit closes permanently on October 14.
6) Adult Night(s) Out. The Zoo has several fun, adult-only opportunities to explore after hours. On September 28, we feature German-style food and beverages as a part of the fun. The website has details and dates for all Adult Nights, so be sure to mark your calendar and get your tickets early.
5) Sea Otter Awareness Week. We celebrate sea otters September 23- 29. If you can’t get to the Zoo during this week, don’t worry. The sea otters are a year-round favorite with guests.
4) Wells Fargo Family Farm. The farm isn’t just for Farm Babies in the spring. You can visit the farm until November 30 and see Frank and Ritchie, the Farm’s new Clydesdales.
3) Baby Sloth. If you are one of the millions who loves sloths and/or baby animals, we have a treat in store for you. A baby sloth was born in early September and we expect it will be available for viewing by mid-October.
2) Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular. This event features 5,000 illuminated, creatively carved pumpkins in an enchanted forest venue. Set to music and highlighting “A Walk Through Time,” this must-see event makes its Midwest debut at the Minnesota Zoo, October 4-31.
1) 40 Years of Amazing. Our 40th year is winding down. Be a part of this important milestone and explore all the Zoo has to offer.
Information on all the Zoo has to offer, including tickets for Adult Night Out and Jack-OLantern Spectacular, can be found on our website: mnzoo.org