Mother's Day in Minneapolis: Gift Ideas & Takeout Specials
Find the perfect gift for mom by shopping local this Mother's Day, or celebrate at home with a family-style takeout meal. Many Minneapolis stores and restaurants want to help you make this day special by offering delivery and curbside pick-up options. We've compiled a list of local shops, book stores, garden centers, and restaurants that are open and offering delivery or pick-up!
Gift Shops/Novelty Items
- Russel & Hazel: stationary store with notebooks, organizers and more
- Minny & Paul: locally curated gift set made in Minnesota
- You Betcha Boxes: local artisan crafted gift boxes, baskets and bags
- Louise Gray: contemporary quilts
- I like you: unique handmade gifts from local Minnesota artists
- Minnesota Makers: featured work from over 100 Minnesota artists
- MN Nice Spice: curated gift boxes from local Minnesota artisans that support artists with disabilities
- Electric Fetus: record store with unique gifts, incense and more
- Carousel and Folk: curated vintage goods, gifts and plants
- Cait Courneya: paintings and homegoods
- Cry Baby Craig’s: hot sauce
- Artists at Northrop King Building: art made for everyone
- vomFass Mall of America: finest quality culinary oils, vinegars and spices, and spirits
- Patina: gift shop selling a curated mix of affordably priced home décor, fragrance, paper, jewelry.
- Magers & Quinn: new and used books.
- Birchbark Books: independent shop offering hand-picked titles plus Native American books & crafts.
- Moon Palace Books: independent bookstore selling broad selection of new and used books.
- Milkweed Bookstore: offer an eclectic curated inventory of literary books, specializing in independent literature.
- Once Upon A Crime: specializes in mystery and crime novels.
- Uncle Hugo's Mystery & Uncle Edgars Science Fiction bookstores: The biggest assortment of mystery books in the Twin Cities and the oldest independent science fiction bookstore in America.
- Eat My Words: carries plenty of used books, rare books, and books by local authors.
- The Book House: quality used books.
- James & Mary Laurie Booksellers: used, rare, and out of print bookstore that also carry classical and jazz vinyl records, and a wonderful selection of graphic art.
Flowers & Plants
- Mother Plants: plant store that sells accessories, home goods, pottery and more.
- Sunnyside Gardens: nursery providing a large variety of plants, flowers, tools & landscaping supplies.
- Mother Earth Gardens: specializing in organic gardening, sustainably-grown plants, and earth-friendly products.
- Wagners Garden Center: quality plants, gardening products, decor and seasonal merchandise.
- Tangletown Gardens: garden center with a huge variety of trees, shrubs & other plants plus accessories.
- Larissa Loden: handcrafted jewelry.
- Statement Boutique: sell jewelry from local makers, but also specialize in approachable women's fashion, accessories and gifts.
- Filigree Jewelers: High-end jewelry specializing in vintage/estate jewelry.
- KISA: Curated collection of both apparel and jewelry statement pieces, that bring together the cultures of Istanbul, Turkey and Minnesota.