Coming Soon: DEBUT Shop for Kindness at Mall of America®
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (April 17, 2017) – DEBUT, the rotating collection of shop-in-shop brands at Mall of America® is opening May 12 with its second collection. DEBUT Shop for Kindness includes 13 brands that support various causes locally and around the world.
The Shop for Kindness collection will be open May 12 through September 10, and will then transition to prepare for a new brand engagement. Shop for Kindness follows the collection of heritage-inspired brands that opened with the launch of DEBUT at Mall of America in November 2016.
“Our goal with DEBUT is to continue to connect our guest with brands that they might only find online or in other markets, and to simultaneously allow these brands a snapshot of business with a global partner such as Mall of America,” said Liz McLay, SVP of Leasing at Mall of America. “The Shop for Kindness collection puts the power in the hands of our guests to focus on causes they care about.”
Participating Shop for Kindness brands include:
- House of Talents – Seeks to empower the talented poor through the sale of high quality handmade artisan products. They are currently working with artisan groups in the West African region to promote self-development through economic and social advancement in rural communities and cities.
- Humble Apparel – Inspires an age-old, newfound love for the outdoors with sophisticated, modern outdoor apparel and goods. This brand benefits the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA).
- Love Your Melon – Donates hats to children battling cancer and supporting the fight against pediatric cancer with stylish beanies.
- MY SISTER – Works to prevent sex trafficking with ethically-sourced apparel and accessories.
- Northern Glass – Helps solve the water crisis in developing nations with graphically-designed glassware and gifts.
- PAB’s Packs – A “one for one” model, for each backpack sold, one is donated to a child living with chronic illness. The backpacks are filled with items that are meant to comfort, offer some fun, and ease the hospital stay.
- Roma Boots – For every pair of boots sold, a new pair is donated to a child in need. Additionally, 10 percent of all proceeds funds educational initiatives around the world.
- Smile Network – Provides life-altering reconstructive surgeries and related healthcare services to impoverished children and adults in developing nations.
- Still Kickin’ – Strives to build a braver, more supportive world. One shirt, one person, one workout at a time. Each month, a portion of proceeds from events and sales help support a new “Still Kickin Hero.”
- Through Jimmy’s Eyes – Jimmy is an artist who was diagnosed with regressive-onset autism as a child. A portion of his proceeds will benefit the Ann Connelly Memorial Fund at U of M Cancer Center.
- Twill Blankets - When you purchase any Twill product, you are able to choose where another is given. At check out, you are able to choose from a list of our Giving Buddies we currently serve in many communities.
- Wear’s Woody – Bold coastal wears supporting diabetes nonprofits in style.
- Yoobi - Yoobi donates essential items to schools in need across the U.S. in the form of Classroom Packs. A Yoobi Classroom Pack contains the most fundamental tools needed for learning and creativity.
Debut is located on level 1 on the north side of the Mall, next to Zara. For more information on retail, dining and entertainment at MOA®, visit mallofamerica.com.