Pantages Theatre

  • Meeting Rooms: 1

The Pantages opened in 1916 as a vaudeville house and part of the Greek immigrant and impresario Alexander Pantages’ renowned consortia of theatres. The Pantages was renovated three times between the original opening of the theatre and 1961. The theatre was later mainly used as cinema house. In 1984, the theatre closed and remained shuttered until 1996, when there was a five-year effort to save and restore the Pantages Theatre. During the renovation, architectural drawings were found and used to restore much of the theatre’s decorative plasterwork and character. The stained-glass “monitor,” a false skylight in the center of the auditorium’s ceiling, was revealed after layers of paint were removed. In cooperation with the City of Minneapolis, on November 7, 2002 the completely renovated Pantages re-opened at a cost of $9.5 million. Since then, the intimate Pantages has presented music, theatre and dance artists including Mikhail Baryshnikov, Vince Gill, Feist, Todd Rundgren, Gregg Allman, Steve Earle and collaborative productions with Twin Cities’ organizations including the Jungle Theater, the History Theatre, Chanhassen Dinner Theatres, Cantus and Theater Latté Da

CONTACT INFORMATION

Pantages Theatre Map

Directions

  • 710 Hennepin Avenue
  • Minneapolis, MN 55403