The Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC) will be busy during 2022. The award-winning facility will host numerous meetings, conventions and trade shows, helping to support the hospitality industry in the Minneapolis community. Following is a look at recent news and updates from the largest convention center in the Upper Midwest.
Health & Safety Protocols
The MCC has instituted numerous protocols designed to keep attendees and staff safe. Notably, the facility became the first convention center in the Upper Midwest to achieve GBAC STAR accreditation, demonstrating implementation of the most stringent practices for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention. In addition, the venue upgraded its cleaning and airflow technology with ATP hygiene monitoring, an electrostatic disinfecting machine and needlepoint bipolar ionization in meeting rooms to deliver safer and cleaner indoor air. For more information on all health and safety protocols at the MCC, go here.
Since You’ve Been Gone
To remain a leader in an evolving industry, the MCC has enhanced the visitor and client experience in several ways:
- Certified Digital Event Strategists are on staff to assist with any virtual or hybrid event needs.
- Clients can access a library of 360-degree photos and virtual video tours of spaces throughout the Convention Center.
- Live virtual site tours are available and allow potential clients to visit the MCC from the comfort of their home or office.
- Modeled after online shopping sites, exhibitors can order services online for all of their needs during their event.
- Clients can access the completely renovated outdoor MCC Plaza. This new outdoor event space located in front of the venue is more welcoming, event ready and sustainably appropriate for the MCC campus. The Plaza features updated lighting, new walkways and seating options, pollinator meadows with wildflowers and trees, and irrigation utilizing the MCC’s stormwater capture system.
2022 Event Highlights
In 2022, the MCC will play host to a busy schedule of meetings, conventions and exhibitions as the venue continues to play an important role in the recovery of the hospitality industry in Minneapolis and beyond. Some highlights of the 2022 calendar include:
- Minneapolis Boat Show, Jan. 20-23
- Twin Cities Vintage Fest, Jan. 29
- Jurassic Quest, Feb. 4-6
- Minnesota Golf Show, Feb. 18-20
- Minneapolis Home & Garden Show, March 2-6
- Northwest Sportshow, March 10-13
- Northern Lights Qualifier, March 18-20 & 25-27
- NCAA Women’s Final Four Tourney Town, April 1-3
- E-bike Challenge Minneapolis, April 2-3
- Minnesota Craft Beer Festival, April 9
- Twin Cities Vintage Fest, April 23
- Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America, May 2-5
- Argentum Senior Living Executive Conference, May 16-18
- Oddities & Curiosities Expo, May 21
- ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, June 5-9
- Amplify, Association for PRINT Technologies / Foil & Specialty Effects Association, June 14-16
- American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition, June 26-29
- Shriners International Imperial Session, July 2-7
- USA Fencing National Championships & July Challenge, July 2-11
- United National Indian Tribal Youth (UNITY) National Leadership Conference, July 8-12
- UNFI Conventional Expo Show, July 19-21
- American Psychological Association Convention, August 4-7
- Minneapolis Mile, August 20
- Delta Sigma Theta Regional Conference, August 25-28
- Hot Import Nights, Sept. 17
- Airports Council International North American Annual Conference & Exhibition, Sept. 17-20
- Sparkle Women’s Conference, Sept. 23-24
- ECKANKAR Soul Adventure Seminar, Oct. 22-24
For a more detailed MCC event calendar, go here.
ABOUT THE MINNEAPOLIS CONVENTION CENTER
The Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC) is owned by the City of Minneapolis and marketed through Meet Minneapolis. The 1.6 million square foot facility features 475,000 square feet of exhibit space, a 3,400 fixed-seat auditorium, 87 meeting rooms and two ballrooms. The MCC is GBAC STAR, LEED and GMIC certified and works to serve its constituencies and stakeholders as the face of Minneapolis to visitors. Learn more about the MCC here.
Kevin Kurtt, PR and Communications Manager, 612-767-8118, KevinK@minneapolis.org
Kathy McCarthy, PR and Communications Director, 612-767-8048, KathyM@minneapolis.org
Or email MeetMinneapolisPR@Minneapolis.org