The Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC) will be busy during the first quarter of 2022. The award-winning facility will host numerous meetings, conventions and trade shows, helping to support the hospitality industry in the Minneapolis community. Following is a look at recent news and updates from the largest convention center in the Upper Midwest.
Health & Safety Protocols
The MCC has instituted numerous protocols designed to keep attendees and staff safe. Notably, the facility became the first convention center in the Upper Midwest to achieve GBAC STAR accreditation, demonstrating implementation of the most stringent practices for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention. In addition, the venue upgraded its cleaning and airflow technology with ATP hygiene monitoring, an electrostatic disinfecting machine and needlepoint bipolar ionization in meeting rooms to deliver safer and cleaner indoor air. For more information on all health and safety protocols at the MCC, go here.
Since You’ve Been Gone
To remain a leader in an evolving industry, the MCC has enhanced the visitor and client experience in several ways:
- Certified Digital Event Strategists are on staff to assist with any virtual or hybrid event needs.
- Clients can access a library of 360-degree photos and virtual video tours of spaces throughout the Convention Center.
- Live virtual site tours are available and allow potential clients to visit the MCC from the comfort of their home or office.
- Modeled after online shopping sites, exhibitors can order services online for all of their needs during their event.
- Clients can access the completely renovated outdoor MCC Plaza. This new outdoor event space located in front of the venue is more welcoming, event ready and sustainably appropriate for the MCC campus. The Plaza features updated lighting, new walkways and seating options, pollinator meadows with wildflowers and trees, and irrigation utilizing the MCC’s stormwater capture system.
The first three months will see increased activity at the MCC, setting the stage for a busy year for the downtown Minneapolis venue. Some highlights of the Q1 event calendar include several shows open to the public, including the Minneapolis Boat Show (Jan. 20-23), Jurassic Quest (Feb. 4-6) the Lake Home & Cabin Show (Feb. 18-20), the Minnesota Golf Show (Feb. 18-20), the Home & Garden Show (March 2-6) and the Northwest Sportshow (March 10-13).. For a more detailed MCC event calendar, go here.
In 2022, the MCC will play host to a busy schedule of meetings, conventions and exhibitions as the venue continues to play an important role in the recovery of the hospitality industry in Minneapolis and beyond. Some highlights of the 2022 calendar include:
- Mizuno Northern Lights Qualifier, March 18-20 & 25-27
- NCAA Women’s Final Four Tourney Town, April 1-3
- Craft Brewers Conference and Brew Expo America, May 2-5
- USA Fencing National Championships & July Challenge, July 2-11
- Shriners International Imperial Session, July 3-7
- Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA) Youth Gathering, July 24-28
- American Psychological Association Convention, August 4-7
- United Methodist Church General Conference, August 28-Sept. 8
ABOUT THE MINNEAPOLIS CONVENTION CENTER
The Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC) is owned by the City of Minneapolis and marketed through Meet Minneapolis. The 1.6 million square foot facility features 475,000 square feet of exhibit space, a 3,400 fixed-seat auditorium, 87 meeting rooms and two ballrooms. The MCC is GBAC STAR, LEED and GMIC certified and works to serve its constituencies and stakeholders as the face of Minneapolis to visitors. Learn more about the MCC here.
Kevin Kurtt, PR and Communications Manager, 612-767-8118, KevinK@minneapolis.org
Kathy McCarthy, PR and Communications Director, 612-767-8048, KathyM@minneapolis.org
Or email MeetMinneapolisPR@Minneapolis.org