Health & Safety Information
Updated: September 10, 2021
- Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey issued the following guidance: As of August 4, 2021, any individual who is over age two and able to medically tolerate a face covering is required to wear a mask or cloth face covering inside all buildings and facilities owned or operated by the City of Minneapolis, including the Minneapolis Convention Center. This is in accordance with City of Minneapolis and CDC guidance regardless of vaccination status.
- Events at the MCC may take place with no capacity or social distancing limits. For more information about a specific event at the MCC, please contact Marcus Travis at 612-335-6257 or Marcus.Travis@minneapolismn.gov.
- In other indoor spaces open to the public, face covering usage is not required, but strongly recommended by city health officials. Individual buildings, businesses or other indoor spaces may have requirements for face coverings.
- Capacity and distancing requirements have been removed in most settings, including for indoor events and gatherings.
- The MCC is currently the site of a Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Community Testing Site.
Health & Safety
At the MCC, our first priority is always the health and safety of our guests and team members. Our Sales and Guest Services teams continue to work with each client to establish and deliver the best health and safety protocols for each event.