Guest Services and Security
Our concierges can help you with that
At the Minneapolis Convention Center, we believe the great experience you provide in your events should be extended to attendees even after the meeting is done. That's why we offer high-quality services to ensure your attendees make the best of their experience in Minneapolis.
Event Planners, view our Guest Service Information Packet
Visitor Information Center
The Visitor Information Center (VIC) is conveniently located on Level One in the main lobby of the Minneapolis Convention Center. Concierges can provide directions, building information, wheelchair/scooter rental and accessibility information, and other Minneapolis hospitality and tourist information including:
- Hospitality opportunities, convention facility information and tourism attractions
- Historic, cultural and educational resources
- Convenience and traveler services
- Brochures, maps, magazines and other hospitality publications are available for guests to collect and reference
Hours of Operation: VIC is open Daily from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- If you need assistance during your visit, please call the Command Center at 612-335-6040
- Please note our awareness campaign, If You SEE Something, SAY Something. If you see or experience anything that’s suspicious or out of the norm, or if you spot any unattended items, bags, or packages, please let the Command Center or a uniformed patrol officer know right away.
- Approachable and welcoming, uniformed security officers can answer questions, give directions, and help with security issues. If you need assistance while walking throughout the lobbies, our uniformed security officers are posted at security podiums throughout Level One.
Fire Marshal: Provided through the Fire Prevention Bureau
Medical Services: First aid personnel on the floor
Police Officers: Provided through the Minneapolis Police Department
Security and Ushers: Providing show security including ticket takers, door guards, overnight guards and ushers for Auditorium events
Event Planners Note: Please request these services during the planning discussions with Event Coordinators.
The UPS Store is the exclusive, on-site provider of printing and shipping for all your business needs. Check out how they can help you with all your printing needs here.
Mobility Equipment Rental
For your convenience, mobility equipment is available for rent at the Minneapolis Convention Center. We have both power-operated vehicles (scooters) and manual wheelchairs, which may be rented at the Visitor Information Center located on the ground floor at the main entrance. Currently, pre-registration is not available.
Equipment should be returned to the Visitor Information Center each day.
All transactions must be processed with Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Checks and cash cannot be accepted.
Scooters: $50 per day
Wheelchairs: $20 per day