COVID-19 Health & Safety Information
Following are information and updates on COVID-19, specifically as it relates to the Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC).
Updated: August 12, 2020
- Minnesota Governor Tim Walz's Stay Safe Plan provides a set of phases for the safe reopening in a number of settings. Minnesota is currently in Phase III. Groups of up to 250 people with social distancing in place are currently allowed to meet.
- Governor Walz has issued Executive Order 20-81, requiring people in Minnesota to wear a face covering in all public indoor spaces and businesses, unless alone. Additionally, workers are required to wear a face covering when working outdoors in situations where social distancing cannot be maintained. Children between the ages of 2 and 5 years old are not required to wear face coverings, but are encouraged to wear a face covering when in public.
- Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey is currently requiring individuals to cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face covering when in Minneapolis indoor spaces where people gather. This applies to individuals who are over age two and able to medically tolerate a face covering.
- The Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC) is following the recommendations by the Minnesota Department of Health, the Governor of Minnesota and the Mayor of Minneapolis. The MCC is requiring visitors and staff to wear a manufactured or homemade cloth face covering when in the building. In addition, it is important for our team members and guests to closely follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on ways to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
Minneapolis Convention Center
At the MCC, our first priority is always the health and safety of our guests and team members. The MCC continues to work closely with local officials and public health officials to follow all recommendations and best practices regarding COVID-19.
- MCC Client Event Health & Safety Plan
- MCC Social Distancing Floor Plans
- MCC Building & Disinfecting Protocols
- Kelber Catering COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
- Kelber Catering Safety Protocols & Best Practices
- LifeTech EMS COVID-19 Information
- SmartCity Networks Health & Safety Guidelines
- The UPS Store COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
- WESS Security COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
We will continue to monitor and assess new developments in order to support a safe and positive experience at the Minneapolis Convention Center.