Minneapolis (Oct. 25, 2019) – Whether you are planning a wedding, searching for that perfect gift for the holidays or dreaming of the ideal vacation, the month of November is a great time to head to the Minneapolis Convention Center. Several interactive events, open to the public, will fill exhibit halls between now and the end of the year, including GalaxyCon Minneapolis, the Healthy Life Expo, the Minneapolis Gift & Art Expo, and more.
In addition to getting a chance to meet Drax the Destroyer at GalaxyCon or interact with a Velociraptor at Jurassic Quest, the Minneapolis Convention Center has it all under one roof. From freshly roasted coffee at the in-house Dunn Brothers Coffee to great food and drinks at the Craft Bar and Lounge, spend a day or make it a weekend getaway this November at Minneapolis’ meeting place.
- Minneapolis Gift & Art Expo – Nov. 1-3: Celebrate the holidays with a dazzling array of homewares, holiday décor, jewelry, accessories, pottery, sculpture, textiles, paintings and so much more. Find fabulous gifts from accomplished artisans and unique boutiques from across the city. Tickets: $6 (kids under 16 free)
- GalaxyCon Minneapolis – Nov. 8-10: Go on an adventure through your favorite fandoms with special celebrity and creative guests for fans of comics, superheroes, science fiction, anime, cartoons, video games, wrestling and more. Tickets: $20-250 (kids 9 & under free)
- Star Tribune Vacation & Travel Experience – Nov. 16-17: Planning a vacation? This is the perfect opportunity to meet face-to-face with destination representatives and travel experts while you immerse yourself in dreaming, and maybe even booking a trip, that day. Tickets: $10
- Jurassic Quest – Nov. 22-24: America’s largest and most realistic dinosaur event, kids of all ages will walk through the Cretaceous Period, the Jurassic Period and the Triassic Period and experience what it was like to be among dinosaurs of all kinds. Tickets: $22-24 (adults), $24-26 (kids)
- Healthy Life Expo – Nov. 23-24: Nutrition, fitness and longevity – it’s all here! Explore more than 200 exhibitors, including doctors, clinics, women’s and men’s nutrition, fitness equipment, yoga, food and product sampling, and more. Tickets: $6 (adults), free (kids)
- Unveiled! – Nov. 3: The Wedding Guys’ one-stop shop for wedding planning, including tasting bars, vendors and a fashion show where you might discover your ultimate dream dress. Tickets: $15-40
All shows are open to the public. The full Minneapolis Convention Center public calendar, including show links, can be found here.
ABOUT THE MINNEAPOLIS CONVENTION CENTER
The Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC) is owned by the City of Minneapolis and marketed through Meet Minneapolis. The 1.6 million square foot facility features 475,000 square feet of exhibit space, a 3,400 fixed-seat auditorium, 87 meeting rooms and two ballrooms. The MCC is both LEED and GMIC certified and works to serve its constituencies and stakeholders as the face of Minneapolis to visitors. Through its efforts, the MCC helps sustain nearly 7,500 jobs in the community.
ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
Meet Minneapolis is a private, not-for-profit, member-based association. It actively promotes and sells the Minneapolis area as a destination for conventions and meetings, works to maximize the visitor experience and markets the city as a desirable tourist destination to maximize the economic benefit to the greater Minneapolis area.
Meet Minneapolis is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of Destinations International.
CONNECT WITH US
Online: www.minneapolis.org and for deals and exclusive experiences: http://go.minneapolis.org
On Facebook: www.facebook.com/meetminneapolis
On Twitter: www.twitter.com/meetminneapolis
On Instagram: www.instagram.com/meetminneapolis
Watch: Here, “Minne” is an Understatement
Kevin Kurtt, Meet Minneapolis Public Relations and Communication Manager, 612-767-8118, email@example.com
Kathy McCarthy, Public Relations and Communication Director, 612-767-8048, KathyM@minneapolis.org
Or email MeetMinneapolisPR@Minneapolis.org