From Boats to Bikes, and Cabins to Cars, Experience it All at the Minneapolis Convention Center
Minneapolis (Jan. 16, 2020) – Finding something fun to see and do this winter is as easy as heading to the Minneapolis Convention Center. Between now and the beginning of April, there will be a wide array of shows open to the public. Interactive events will fill exhibit halls in the 30th year of the Minneapolis Convention Center, including the Minneapolis Boat Show, the Lake Home & Cabin Show, the Minnesota Golf Show, the Twin Cities Auto Show, and more.
- The Wedding Fair – Jan. 19: Start to check off your to-do list by finding the perfect venue, caterer, florist, photographer, DJ service, bridal shops, and much more. Tickets: $20
- Minneapolis Boat Show – Jan. 23-26: See the newest boat models and be transported to a warmer climate in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Plus, kids can explore with the discover-a-boat map, and you can test your skills on a simulated “boat trip.” Tickets $12-30
- Minneapolis Motorcycle Show – Jan. 31-Feb. 2: A must for any true motorcycle enthusiast, this show is the perfect stage for the presentation of hundreds of the latest models and new developments in the industry. Tickets: $16-30
- Community Connections Conference – Feb. 1: Connect with others in the community to discuss how the 2020 U.S. Census and 2020 presidential nominating primary election will affect you, your family and your neighborhood. Tickets: FREE
- Minneapolis/St. Paul RV, Vacation & Camping Show – Feb. 6-9: This can’t-miss show for RV enthusiasts features the latest makes and models of recreational vehicles from the nation’s top manufacturers. Seminars include “Selecting your new RV” and “Top 10 RV Tech Tips.” Tickets: $5-12 (kids 5 and under)
- Lake Home & Cabin Show – Feb. 7-9: This is Minnesota's only show that specializes in second homes and the second home lifestyle. If you own a lake home, cottage or cabin or you want to own one, this is a truly unique event you'll want to experience. Tickets: $5-12 (kids under 5 free)
- Healthy Life Expo – Feb. 8-9: Nutrition, fitness and longevity – it’s all here! Explore more than 200 exhibitors, including doctors, clinics, women’s and men’s nutrition, fitness equipment, yoga, food and product sampling, and more. Tickets: $6 (adults), free (kids)
- Unveiled! – Feb. 16: The Wedding Guys’ one-stop shop for wedding planning, including tasting bars, vendors and a fashion show where you might discover your ultimate dream dress. Tickets: $15-40
- Minnesota Golf Show – Feb. 21-23: Minnesota’s golf season begins with this annual show that features dozens of golf industry exhibitors, an indoor driving range, the “$100,000 Putt Challenge,” and a Golf Lounge for relaxing and watching the latest action on the links. Tickets: $13
- Home & Garden Show – Feb. 26-March 1: Discover the latest in home improvement, design, landscaping, and more, including a presentation by Mike Rowe of “Dirty Jobs.” Features of this year’s show include Ask a Designer, Deck Wars, Barking Lot and the 2020 Idea Home Tickets: $4-12
- Twin Cities Auto Show – March 7-15: Your annual chance to compare more than 600 vehicles from 35-plus brands – foreign and domestic – without driving all over town. This year’s show will include more trucks, crossovers and SUVs than ever before. Other features of the 2020 show include an off-road driving course, an after-dark experience and appearances by cowboy entertainer T. Texas Terry. Tickets: $6-12
- E-Bike Challenge – March 28-29: Test and buy e-bikes and get advice from professionals. New this year is the Hike & Bike Xperience where you can find a wide selection of hiking and biking destinations and routes. Tickets: $6-8 (kids under 13 free)
- Northwest Sportshow – April 2-5: This annual event is a one-stop marketplace for outdoor fun. Find gear and accessories for every outdoor activity imaginable, including boating, fishing, hunting to RVing, camping and more. Tickets: $5-20
The full public calendar, including show links, can be found here. For more on the Minneapolis Convention Center’s 30th anniversary, go here.
ABOUT THE MINNEAPOLIS CONVENTION CENTER
Celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2020, the Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC) is owned by the City of Minneapolis and marketed through Meet Minneapolis. The 1.6 million square foot facility features 475,000 square feet of exhibit space, a 3,400 fixed-seat auditorium, 87 meeting rooms and two ballrooms. The MCC is both LEED and GMIC certified and works to serve its constituencies and stakeholders as the face of Minneapolis to visitors. Through its efforts, the MCC helps sustain more than 8,600 jobs in the community. Learn more about the MCC here.
ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
Meet Minneapolis is a private, not-for-profit, member-based association. It actively promotes and sells the Minneapolis area as a destination for conventions and meetings, works to maximize the visitor experience and markets the city as a desirable tourist destination to maximize the economic benefit to the greater Minneapolis area.
Meet Minneapolis is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of Destinations International.
CONNECT WITH US
On Facebook: www.facebook.com/meetminneapolis
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/meetminneapolis
On Instagram: www.instagram.com/meetminneapolis
Watch: Here, “Minne” is an Understatement
Kevin Kurtt, Public Relations and Communications Manager, 612-767-8118, KevinK@minneapolis.org
Kathy McCarthy, Public Relations and Communications Director, 612-767-8048, KathyM@minneapolis.org
Or email MeetMinneapolisPR@Minneapolis.org