Minneapolis (Feb. 8, 2018) – This year, skip the candy and flowers. Surprise your sports-loving Valentine with a chance to truly become Minnesota’s ultimate sports fan. With a Valentine’s Day gift of an “Ultimate Sports Ticket” raffle ticket from Sports Minneapolis, there’s no need to be a big spender and your sweetheart has an opportunity to win one of two, enviable, sports packages.
With an “Ultimate Sports Ticket” raffle ticket, your true love will fall head-over-heels for a chance to win either of the following:
- Marquee Game Package: One winner will receive a pair of tickets to 78 marquee games for all six major Minnesota professional sports teams, six sports at the University of Minnesota and VIP passes to ESPN’s X Games in Minneapolis this summer.
- Home Opener Package: One winner will receive a pair of tickets to all six major professional sports teams’ home openers. Plus tickets to the University of Minnesota home opener games for Gophers football, men’s and women's basketball, men’s and women's hockey and volleyball.
This special Valentine’s Day gift idea has a retail value of $3,200; however, you score because each raffle ticket is only $100. Tickets may be purchased with cash, check or debit card. There are three ways to buy this gift for your loved one:
- Fill out the “contact me” form at www.ultimatesportsticket.com
- Visit Minneapolis Visitor Information Center (505 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55402) or the Sports Minneapolis office (250 Marquette Avenue South #1300, Minneapolis, MN 55401)
- Locate the Ultimate Sports Ticket table at upcoming Minnesota Timberwolves or Minnesota Wild games including:
- Feb. 8 Minnesota Wild vs. Phoenix Coyotes (Section 121)
- Feb. 13 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Houston Rockets (Concourse)
Delaying your Valentine’s celebration? Additional raffle tickets will be sold at the Minnesota Wild and Timberwolves games on Feb. 15, as well as the Minnesota Wild games on Feb. 17 and Feb. 25. Two winning tickets will be drawn on Mar. 6 during Fox Sports North’s “Wild Live” show, prior to the Minnesota Wild game against the Carolina Hurricanes. Winners need not be present to win.
This initiative helps fund Sports Minneapolis’ efforts to attract, retain and create major amateur, collegiate and professional sporting events in the metro area for the benefit of the local community.
Terms and Conditions apply
Ultimate Sports Ticket video
ABOUT SPORTS MINNEAPOLIS
Sports Minneapolis – a subsidiary of Meet Minneapolis, the Greater Minneapolis Convention and Visitor’s Association – is focused on recruiting, enhancing and producing sporting events in the Minneapolis area for the benefit of our community. In addition to generating significant estimated economic impact, amateur and professional sports events can help connect the community through sport, fostering health and wellness.
Minneapolis is on a winning streak in securing upcoming major sports events over the last several years, including the Super Bowl LII, the X Games 2018, 2018 WNBA All-Star Game and the NCAA Men’s Final Four in 2019, among others. Sports Minneapolis has played a major role in bringing these events to Minneapolis, along with events like Northern Lights Junior Volleyball Qualifier, USA Volleyball Girls Junior National Championships and many other professional, collegiate and amateur sporting events.
For more information, visit www.sportsminneapolis.org.
ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
Meet Minneapolis is a private, not-for-profit, member-based association. It actively promotes and sells the Minneapolis area as a destination for conventions and meetings, works to maximize the visitor experience and markets the city as a desirable tourist destination to maximize the economic benefit to the greater Minneapolis area.
Meet Minneapolis is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of Destinations International. For more information, visit www.minneapolis.org.
Kristen Montag, Meet Minneapolis Senior PR and Communications Manager, 612-767-8038, KristenM@minneapolis.org, @Minneapolis_PR on Twitter
Kathy Gerhardt McCarthy, Meet Minneapolis Director of PR and Communications, 612-767-8048, KathyM@minneapolis.org