The SmartArt Program by Art Force provides rotating artwork from local professional and emerging artists. These pieces of fine art are on display throughout the hallways of the Convention Center and are available for purchase.
Minneapolis has a wealth of creativity and artistic talent. The SmartArt Rotating Art Program introduces visitors of the Minneapolis Convention Center to rich artistic offerings from local visual artists living and working in Minneapolis.
Take a self-guided tour at the Minneapolis Convention Center to see all the artwork. Use the guide below to navigate through the hallways and see all your favorite pieces!
Art Force is an art consulting firm located in the heart of the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District. In 2014, Art Force partnered with the Minneapolis Convention Center to develop and implement the SmartArt Rotating Art Program.
Call for Artists
Artwork is now being accepted for the SmartArt Program - now through June 23, 2019
CALL FOR ARTWORK: MINNEAPOLIS CONVENTION CENTER
Art Force requests submissions of original, two-dimensional artwork by Minneapolis artists for the SmartArt Rotating Art Program at the Minneapolis Convention Center. The goal of the exhibit is to highlight the spectacular visual art created by local artists. Artwork will be displayed from August 2019 - January 2020
Consideration will be Given to Artists:
- With a cultural or geographic perspective that is unique or appropriate to Minneapolis
- Who could be considered emerging in their development
- Who work on large scale (see SUBMISSION DETAILS below for size requirements)
- Artists submitting work must live or work within the city limits of Minneapolis.
- Because these are on public display nudity, religious, and political content, and the inclusion of expletives are not appropriate.
- Due to the amount of wall space to fill, MCC requires large scale works of art – minimum: 3 feet vertical, 3 feet horizontal; maximum: 6 feet vertical, 12 feet horizontal.
Install will be around August 1, 2019; artwork that is submitted must be available to be dropped off at Art Force mid-July. All artwork must be installation-ready, with hanging apparatus (D-rings or wire preferred). If the piece is framed, the frame and acrylic must be in excellent condition.
If your artwork is selected, the program requires that you agree to commit your artwork to the program for a minimum of 12 months. Selected artwork will be displayed at MCC for six months and will be available to other Art Force subscription program clients for 6 months thereafter. The proceeds of the monthly art subscription fee are divided evenly between the artist and Art Force. The artwork is also available for sale to Art Force clients during the “loan” period.
DEADLINE: 11:59 p.m. Sunday, June 23, 2019
Please submit the following to Lpr@artforce.org by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, June 23, 2019. Please be sure to note that it is for the Convention Center Call:
- Digital image of artwork (jpg), up to 10 images
- Image list - title, medium, size
- Artist address and contact information, biography, statement
Artwork is collected biannually through an open Call for Artists with specific parameters in alignment with the City of Minneapolis Public Art Policies & Procedures Guide and the Minneapolis Arts Commission Selection Process. All images received are reviewed by a committee of panelists who are appointed by the Office of Ward 7 Councilwoman Lisa Goodman, Citizens for a Loring Park Community, and the Minneapolis Arts Commission.
To inquire about purchasing a piece of art contact Art Force at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 763-567-2200