CALL FOR ARTWORK: MINNEAPOLIS CONVENTION CENTER
Art Force requests submissions of original, two-dimensional artwork by Minneapolis artists for the SmartArt Rotating Art Program at the Minneapolis Convention Center. The goal of the exhibit is to highlight the spectacular visual art created by local artists. Artwork will be displayed from August 2022 - January 2022
Consideration will be Given to Artists:
- With a cultural or geographic perspective that is unique or appropriate to Minneapolis
- Who could be considered emerging in their development
- Who work on large scale (see SUBMISSION DETAILS below for size requirements)
- Artists submitting work must live or work within the city limits of Minneapolis.
- Because these are on public display nudity, religious, and political content, and the inclusion of expletives are not appropriate.
- Due to the amount of wall space to fill, MCC requires large scale works of art – minimum: 3 feet vertical, 3 feet horizontal; maximum: 6 feet vertical, 12 feet horizontal.
Install will be around early July 2022; artwork that is submitted must be available to be dropped off at Art Force mid-June 2022. All artwork must be installation-ready, with hanging apparatus (D-rings or wire preferred). If the piece is framed, the frame and acrylic must be in excellent condition.
Please Note: Artists are responsible for transporting artwork to Art Force and to picking it up at Art Force after the completion of the exhibit if it does not sell.
If your artwork is selected, the program requires that you agree to commit your artwork to the program for a minimum of six months. The proceeds of the monthly art subscription fee are divided between the artist and Art Force. The artwork is also available for sale to Art Force clients.
DEADLINE: 11:59 p.m. Sunday, April 24, 2022
Please submit the following to Lpr@artforce.org by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, April 24, 2022. Please be sure to note that it is for the Convention Center Call:
- Digital image of artwork (jpg), up to 10 images
- Image list - title, medium, size
- Artist address and contact information, biography, statement