CALL FOR ARTWORK: MINNEAPOLIS CONVENTION CENTER
Art Force requests submissions of original, two-dimensional artwork by Minneapolis artists for the SmartArt Rotating Art Program at the Minneapolis Convention Center. The goal of the exhibit is to highlight the spectacular visual art created by local artists. Artwork will be displayed from August 2019 - January 2020
Consideration will be Given to Artists:
- With a cultural or geographic perspective that is unique or appropriate to Minneapolis
- Who could be considered emerging in their development
- Who work on large scale (see SUBMISSION DETAILS below for size requirements)
- Artists submitting work must live or work within the city limits of Minneapolis.
- Because these are on public display nudity, religious, and political content, and the inclusion of expletives are not appropriate.
- Due to the amount of wall space to fill, MCC requires large scale works of art – minimum: 3 feet vertical, 3 feet horizontal; maximum: 6 feet vertical, 12 feet horizontal.
Install will be around August 1, 2019; artwork that is submitted must be available to be dropped off at Art Force mid-July. All artwork must be installation-ready, with hanging apparatus (D-rings or wire preferred). If the piece is framed, the frame and acrylic must be in excellent condition.
If your artwork is selected, the program requires that you agree to commit your artwork to the program for a minimum of 12 months. Selected artwork will be displayed at MCC for six months and will be available to other Art Force subscription program clients for 6 months thereafter. The proceeds of the monthly art subscription fee are divided evenly between the artist and Art Force. The artwork is also available for sale to Art Force clients during the “loan” period.
DEADLINE: 11:59 p.m. Sunday, June 23, 2019
Please submit the following to Lpr@artforce.org by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, June 23, 2019. Please be sure to note that it is for the Convention Center Call:
- Digital image of artwork (jpg), up to 10 images
- Image list - title, medium, size
- Artist address and contact information, biography, statement