This event has expired but is here for your reference.
- Date: Apr 18, 2018
- Time: 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
WHAT: Focus Lunch: Hiring to Firing and Everything in Between!
WHO: Hosted by the Minneapolis Regional Chamber in partnership with the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota
WHEN: April 18, 2018
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: Bloomington Chamber
9633 Lyndale Ave S.
WHY: This presentation will cover a wide variety of topics regarding the employment relationship, including:
- Risks that arise in the hiring process, from interview to job offer
- Common issues that arise during employment including compliance with state and federal discrimination and leave laws
- Recommendations for properly implementing a performance appraisal process
- Suggestions for a practical disciplinary and termination decision-making process
This session will provide management and human resources professionals with a general overview of state and federal laws that are commonly implicated throughout the employment relationship, including discrimination, breach of contract, whistleblower, retaliation, defamation, and tortious interference with contract, as well as practical information on how to reduce the risk of liability arising during employment.
HOW TO REGISTER: This event is open to all. Admission is $15 for members and $25 for nonmembers. Pre-registration is encouraged. Live broadcast available for $10. For more information about registration, please visit www.mplschamber.com/BBB or contact Shannon Lukes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-370-9117.
- Shannon Lukes