Go Minneapolis is your home for exclusive experiences and deals in Minneapolis. Find all the best Minneapolis coupons here and save on attractions, restaurants and hotels in Minneapolis.» visit go.minneapolis.org for exclusive deals and experiences
Looking for some ironic t-shirts? Want to wet your whistle with a classic PBR? Or perhaps you want to hear that band that is so underground they’re practically subterranean? Grab your skinny jeans and flannel shirts and settle in to one of the hippest cities in America.
Start with coffee and add-your-own-frosting cinnamon buns at Isle Bun and Bakery. Then, visit Hennepin Avenue's one-of-a-kind boutiques. Some good bets:
- Local Motion—Eclectic fashions by local and national designers.
- Paper Source—Elegant cards, paper and scrap-booking supplies.
- intoto—Designer men's and women's apparel.
Grab lunch at Lucia's Café or Amazing Thailand. If the weather is fine, walk the few blocks down to Lake Calhoun for one of the best views in the city. After lunch, check out the funky fashions and home accessories at Urban Outfitters. Then take a tour through the shops in Calhoun Square. Atmosfere, Ivy and Kuhlman Outlet offer fashion-forward finds. Bay Street Shoes and In Style Accessories carry the perfect pieces to complete your new outfit.
Re-energize with fresh sushi and killer cocktails at Fuji-Ya, or sample some sake at moto-i, the only sake brewery outside of Japan. For a real Uptown experience, dine with neighborhood trend-setters at the cozy Barbette. Finish your night at one of Uptown's hot spots:
- La Bodega, tapas and mojitos, with live flamenco on the weekends.
- Bryant-Lake Bowl, live music, edgy theater, good food, and five lanes of bowling—no kidding!
- Chino Latino, signature drinks and food from the hot zones.
- The Jungle Theater, contemporary theater in an intimate setting.
- Lagoon Cinema, independent and foreign language films.