** MEDIA ALERT **
Huzzah to the 2013 Minnesota Renaissance Festival!
What: The 43nd Annual Minnesota Renaissance Festival, one of the largest themed events in the country is just around the corner. Journey back in time as more than 250 merchants contribute to the atmosphere of this charming 16th century village featuring 22 acres of entertainment, shopping, fun and food fit for a king!
2013 Theme Weekends:
- Italian Carnivale - Aug. 17 & 18
- Royal Ale Fest - Aug. 24 & 25
- A Silk Road: Discover the Riches - Aug 31, Sept.1 & 2
- Highland Fling - Sept. 7 & 8
- Wine, Chocolate, and Romance - Sept. 14 & 15
- Oktoberfest - Sept. 21 & 22
- Festival Friday - Sept. 27
- Shamrocks and Shenanigans - Sept. 28 & 29
- Fairy Wing Forest- Venture into the garden that has been transformed and filled with fairies, pixies, and magical creatures that now call the forest home. As you travel the path, you will be transported to a whole other world filled with wonder, whimsy, and magic.
- 50 Free Children’s Activities & Family Friendly Stages – Enjoy a treasure hunt around the Festival, visit exotic animals at Como Cottage, have lunch with the Princess Court and much more! Plan a fun-filled day at the Festival your family will remember for years to come!
- Magic the Gathering Tournaments -Meet and compete against fellow gamers for in the Magic the Gathering Tournaments! Each competitor will receive free Festival admission, three M14 booster packs for the booster draft, and the top finishers will receive prizes!
- Cupcake Battle - All amateur and professional bakers are invited to compete in the new Cupcake Battle! Grab your apron and mixing bowl to whip up your best cupcake recipe for a chance to win great prizes and bragging rights of the best cupcake in the Realm.
- Mead Social – Every weekend at 4:00pm, come taste various flavors of honey mead while mingling with entertainers and friends. The ticket includes a collectable Renaissance mead glass!
- Artisan Appreciation Weekend - The first three weekends of the Festival, our patrons will be able to support their favorite Shoppes' and get rewarded! Spend $250 total at any artisan’s booth and receive a one free admission ticket to return on any of the remaining weekends!
- Ladies Shopping Day – Grab your friends and join us for a day of shopping on Sept. 27th! The discount ticket includes admission, free glass of wine, gift bag, and the opportunity to receive discounts from select artisans all day! The social hour will be from 6-7pm at the Waterwheel Pub with raffle prizes from artisans!
- Fairy House Competition– All patrons big and small are invited to make your own fairy house and share it with the festival during our Silk Road Weekend. Our whimsical fairies will judge the houses and great prizes will be given to the top three houses!
- Live Mermaid - A wonder among wonders, few have ever seen the elusive mermaid in her home below the sea. Captain Jonas Fair will recount his tales of finding the beautiful Mermaid Ambrosia while patrons marvel at her shimmering hair and scaly tail during daily appearances in the Mermaid Cove. If you’re lucky, she may even share a piece of her magic with you.
When: Weekends Aug. 17 to Sept. 29, plus Labor Day and Friday, Sept. 27
Gates open 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. - rain or shine!
Where: Located seven miles South of Shakopee, MN on Hwy 169
Cost: Adults……$21.95 Children (5-12) ....... $12.95 Children (0-4) …….. Free Parking ….... Free
*Advanced purchase discount tickets available at participating Super Americas, Walgreens, and Menards.
For more information contact: Deb Schaber, Marketing, 952-445-7361 or email@example.com
Minnesota Renaissance Festival – August 17 – September 29, 2013
Michigan Renaissance Festival – August 17 – September 29, 2013
Kansas Renaissance Festival – August 31 - Oct. 13, 2013
Trail of Terror - Thurs. - Sun. in October
Bay Area Renaissance Festival Feb. 23 - April 7th, 2013