TWIN CITIES AUTO SHOW
March 8 - 16 at the Minneapolis Convention Center
Minneapolis (February 20, 2014) --- The 41st Annual Twin Cities Auto Show, presented by the Greater Metropolitan Automobile Dealers Association of Minnesota, Inc. (GMADA), will be held March
8 16, 2014 at the Minneapolis Convention Center (1301 Second Ave. So., Halls B, C, D & E).
Featuring an estimated $15,000,000 in new vehicles and exhibits, this is one of the largest Auto Shows in the nation and the largest consumer show in Minnesota. This years show will cover approximately
400,000 square feet blanketed by an estimated 450 new models representing 35 different makes of domestic and imported automobiles, trucks, and SUVs.
Popular attractions from years past will return, including:
- * The popular and interactive Camp Jeep that takes guests on an obstacle course ride that covers over 30,000 square feet on the show floor;
- * Luxury Lane featuring a million dollars worth of vehicles in one room;
- * An expanded Green Room which showcases innovative hybrids and flex fuel vehicle
- * Popular new models from Scion and Mazda will be made available for a Ride & Drive outside.
Additional Highlights for 2014:
- * Celebrity appearances by Laura Marano, star of Disney Channels Austin & Ally on March 15 and Minnesota Wild players Ryan Suter on March 12 and Keith Ballard and Ryan Cooke on March 14
(sponsored by Toyota); plus on-air radio personalities from Cities 97, K102, KFAN, KOOL 108 and NewsTalk AM 1130.
- * Auto Industry Job Fair on Friday, March 14 from 11 a.m. 7 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
* On each Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. 2 p.m., accredited safety experts will host free booster seat checks. Those interested may simply drive up directly outside the Convention Center on
Grant Street. A free ticket to the Auto Show will be offered to those who take part.
- * A classic car display hosted by the Minnesota Street Rod Association.
- * A Solar Vehicle presented by University of Minnesota students, during opening weekend.
- * Goodwill Collection bring items to the Show such as household goods, clothing, and coats for Goodwill and receive $2 off admission. Donations will be accepted every day of the Show except
Wednesday, March 12. No food products, please.
HOURS: Saturdays: 10 a.m. 10 p.m.
Sundays: 10 a.m. 7 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. 10 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 4 10 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. 10 p.m.
TICKETS: $10 for adults; $5 for youth ages 11 15; and children 10 and under are FREE
All tickets $5 on Wednesday, March 12
Visit our website to print out a $2 off coupon. Discount coupons are also available at participating new auto dealers in the metro area.
Find us on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/TwinCitiesAutoShow)
Follow us on Twitter: (www.Twitter.com/TCAutoShow)
The 2014 Twin Cities Auto Show is sponsored by The Greater Metropolitan Automobile Dealers Association of Minnesota, Inc. (GMADA).
GMADA is an organization of 125 new car and truck franchised dealers in the Greater Minneapolis and St. Paul area.
The 2014 GMADA President is Michael Gallagher of Luther Automotive Group and GMADA Executive Vice President is Scott Lambert.
The 2014 Auto Show Featured Vehicle is the 2014 Fiat 500 L.
The Hilton Minneapolis is the Official Host Hotel.
MEDIA NOTE Media Day will be held on Monday, March 10 from 1 3:30 p.m. Details to come.
Contact: Molly Steinke, Nemer Fieger, 952-278-3142 or 612-309-1677, firstname.lastname@example.org